You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-03 00:10:28

zen_guerrilla

Web-based cd gataloging application (like gtktalog) ?

Hello all,
I've got all my music collection archived in cd's & dvd's, in ogg & mp3 format and till recently I was using gtktalog to keep an index of it.
I'd like a more cross-platform solution so I'm looking for a web-based program that does the same thing, probably in php with an sql backend.

Any suggestions ?

#2 2006-02-04 11:31:07

FUBAR
Website

Re: Web-based cd gataloging application (like gtktalog) ?

I've been thinking about writing a program like that. A Java tool that reads your media and stores information in an SQL-database.

If you have any good ideas or tips, I might start working on it! big_smile (seriously)

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-02-04 12:35:55

zen_guerrilla

That's excellent FUBAR. Although I really don't like Java smile. Maybe PHP with AJAX ?
The concept is pretty simple: mount cdrom on workstation, check its contents, ask for user input about cdrom title etc. & add it to the db.
Also check out gtktalog's screenshots (http://www.nongnu.org/gtktalog/screenshots.en.html).

#4 2006-02-04 17:03:29

FUBAR
Website

You can do the PHP/Ajax webinterface, I'll stick to the Java-part. Java, because it's the language I know best and it's portable!

Also, I don't know if it's possible to write a portable webapplication that's able to scan local files.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

Board footer