You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-10 11:12:19

Binero

Automatically Detect Monitors on AMD

I have an AMD Radion and I am using the open source drivers. I would like my computer to automatically detect external monitors. I know I can achieve this by creating a script that continuously checks for external monitors but I've also read some bits about the AMD driver being capable of doing this on its own?

How would I achieve this behaviour without a script?

#2 2014-04-10 13:24:49

clfarron4
Website

Re: Automatically Detect Monitors on AMD

Not sure with the Open Source, but here's the Wiki page for Double Screen (Dual Head / Dual Screen / Xinerama) with AMD Catalyst.

My experience is that AMD Catalyst does it automagically and you only need to go into Catalyst Control Centre if you need to configure cloning, extended desktops etc.

Last edited by clfarron4 (2014-04-10 13:25:57)

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#3 2014-04-10 17:02:42

Binero

clfarron4 wrote:

Not sure with the Open Source, but here's the Wiki page for Double Screen (Dual Head / Dual Screen / Xinerama) with AMD Catalyst.

My experience is that AMD Catalyst does it automagically and you only need to go into Catalyst Control Centre if you need to configure cloning, extended desktops etc.

Was thinking about upgrading but it had an older version of xOrg as dependency. I might try that out once they support the newest one.

#4 2014-04-10 17:12:49

clfarron4
Website

Binero wrote:
clfarron4 wrote:

Was thinking about upgrading but it had an older version of xOrg as dependency. I might try that out once they support the newest one.

I thought Catalyst 13.12 as provided by Vi0L0 does support x.Org 1.15. I can confirm that Catalyst 14.3 most definitely does support x.Org 1.15 (purely because I'm using it).

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#5 2014-04-10 17:40:30

Binero

clfarron4 wrote:
Binero wrote:
clfarron4 wrote:

I thought Catalyst 13.12 as provided by Vi0L0 does support x.Org 1.15. I can confirm that Catalyst 14.3 most definitely does support x.Org 1.15 (purely because I'm using it).

It gives me "target not found: xorg-server<1.15.0" when building "catalyst-utils" from the AUR. Trying the test version now.

EDIT:
The test fails building as well, with the following dependency error: "lib32-ati-dri: requires ati-dri". I actually manually installed the latter so that error doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited by Binero (2014-04-10 17:52:07)

#6 2014-04-15 20:26:16

Binero

Binero wrote:

The test fails building as well, with the following dependency error: "lib32-ati-dri: requires ati-dri". I actually manually installed the latter so that error doesn't make much sense to me.

Seems like it both conflicts and depends on ati-dri.

"catalyst-test and ati-dri are in conflict. Remove ati-dri? "
"lib32-ati-dri: requires ati-dri"

Board footer