You are not logged in.

#451 2014-02-18 21:27:47

Tristelune

Re: zathura - a document viewer

mlq wrote:

The next few months are feasible, but for now you should be look out for an alternative application. But we are working on it smile

Ok, thank you very much for your answer! I'm really happy to know it will be implemented smile.

Regards

#452 2014-02-18 21:43:00

hildensia

mlq wrote:

The next few months are feasible, but for now you should be look out for an alternative application. But we are working on it smile

Awesome! Will it work with some own format or the 'official' format? (I actually don't know how standardized Adobe Reader annotations are...)

Last edited by hildensia (2014-02-18 21:44:28)

#453 2014-02-20 14:05:38

hellolj

Hi, there,

A quick question:
Is that possible I configure zathura such that one specific pdf file can only have one instance opened?

Thanks~

#454 2014-03-17 20:28:56

mrrhq

Hello, is there an option in zathurarc to disable and change the max size of the history and bookmarks files that are generated from Zathura? The ones in ~/.local/share/zathura
Pretty much a requirement for me to keep using this PDF viewer, otherwise I'll just switch back to MuPDF.

Last edited by mrrhq (2014-03-17 20:31:13)

#455 2014-03-26 09:43:01

SuperBo

I am using awesome wm and every times I switch focus (e.g by pres modkey + tab), zathura windows reload documents.
How can I prevent this unusual behavior?

#456 2014-04-11 10:50:09

imbaer

SuperBo wrote:

I am using awesome wm and every times I switch focus (e.g by pres modkey + tab), zathura windows reload documents.

I use dwm and have the same issue, if the pdf is large the reloading is really annoying.
This also happens when notifications appear while reading the pdf ...

#457 2014-04-11 11:28:17

x33a
Forum Fellow

imbaer wrote:
SuperBo wrote:

I use dwm and have the same issue, if the pdf is large the reloading is really annoying.

I can't reproduce this with i3. Does it also happen when changing workspace/tags?

#458 2014-04-12 13:19:54

mlq
Website

imbaer wrote:
SuperBo wrote:

I can't reproduce this with dwm either. I am using the latest from git with various patches.

Best regards

#459 2014-04-16 14:40:06

spupy

imbaer wrote:
SuperBo wrote:

i3 user here, can reproduce. Reloading happens both when switching workspaces and when switching windows. Far more noticable when recolor is enabled, since recolor generally slows down rendering a lot on my netbook.

There are two types of people in this world - those who can count to 10 by using their fingers, and those who can count to 1023.

#460 2014-04-16 20:10:07

dluco

Are you using mupdf or poppler as the backend? Might be worth it to check poppler too.
I can also confirm this with dwm (and mupdf), although the effects are negligible with a fast processor.

#461 2014-04-16 23:02:56

nrujac

Hey all, having an issue with zathura and the mudpf backend after the recent update to zathura-pdf-mupdf. On attempting to load any pdf, I'm getting an undefined symbol error:

error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so (/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: js_isboolean)
error: unknown file type

Anyone know which dependency is causing the issue?

#462 2014-04-17 02:32:41

3xOSC

yes.  it is the new zathura-pdf-mupdf from 0.2.6-1 to 0.2.6-2.

go to your /var/cache/pacman/pkg and you should see your old zathura-pdf-mupdf 0.2.6-1 in a .tar.xz format.

simple go sudo pacman -U that tar.xz and you should be golden.

#463 2014-04-17 10:39:48

mlq
Website

Hello,

nrujac wrote:

Hey all, having an issue with zathura and the mudpf backend after the recent update to zathura-pdf-mupdf. On attempting to load any pdf, I'm getting an undefined symbol error:

error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so (/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: js_isboolean)
error: unknown file type

Anyone know which dependency is causing the issue?

The reason behind this is that mupdf 1.4 has its own javascript interpreter which is maintained in a seperate repository, but shipped with the source code as a thirdparty lib. Since there has not been a versioned release of it yet and as far as I know mujs is developed especially for mupdf, the most convinient solution would be to add a:

install -Dm644 build/release/libmujs.a "$pkgdir"/usr/lib

to the PKGBUILD of mupdf.

Then one needs to recompile the zathura-pdf-mupdf plugin and link it against mujs as well. This can be achieved by modifying the build function to:

make -C "${srcdir}/$pkgname-$pkgver" MUPDF_LIB="-lmupdf -lmujs"

I've updated the issue and prepared two packages that include the above mentioned fixes and you can download them here:  mupdf-1.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz and zathura-pdf-mupdf-0.2.6-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz. Installing the later one should be enough.

Best regards

edit: It has already been fixed in the official packages.

Last edited by mlq (2014-04-17 11:09:03)

#464 2014-04-17 15:09:55

imbaer

x33a wrote:
imbaer wrote:
SuperBo wrote:

I can't reproduce this with i3. Does it also happen when changing workspace/tags?

Yes, also happens when changing tags. The reload is usually barely noticable, but if the PDF contains large pictures it can take quite some time.

#465 2014-04-19 16:52:19

sebastinas

SuperBo wrote:

I haven't seen this issue with Xmonad. Is there anything unusual happending when you switch focus (i.e. window sizes change or something similar)? What's in your ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc? Please also attach a log of zathura -l debug when this happens so that I can try to figure out why this happens.

Cheers

#466 2014-04-19 17:23:48

sebastinas

mrrhq wrote:

Hello, is there an option in zathurarc to disable and change the max size of the history and bookmarks files that are generated from Zathura? The ones in ~/.local/share/zathura
Pretty much a requirement for me to keep using this PDF viewer, otherwise I'll just switch back to MuPDF.

You can set "database" in ~/.config/zathura/zathurarc to anything except plain and sqlite to disable them. This will give you an error on startup which can be ignored. The most recent version from the develop branch also accepts "null" as valid value for "database" to disabe bookmarks and input history.

Cheers

#467 2014-04-19 17:37:04

sebastinas

felixculpa wrote:
jenerated wrote:

In your zathurarc,

set window-icon "/usr/share/icons/elementary/mimes/32/x-office-document.svg"

Just to to let everyone know, this works. However I'm curious as to why I can't find "window-icon" in the man pages?

We probably just forgot to document it. It's there now.

#468 2014-04-19 17:48:08

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Sebastinas, please use the edit button instead of uselessly multi-posting.

All the best,

-HG

#469 2014-04-23 01:34:03

mlq
Website

Hello,

Good and bad news to all who requested EPUB support for zathura: The bad first; sadly I have to admit that the EPUB support that we wan't still requires work on libzathura and zathura itself and this will still take some time. So, basically nothing new. The good news is that I've quickly updated the code in our zathura-epub repository to use calibre in the background to convert the EPUB file to a PDF which then can be read by zathura. The main issue is that the temporary created file is currently not deleted after closing the document, so it still remains in /tmp. But for the impatient of us this is probably enough for now and I have to admit that the implementation is a rather quick one without a lot of testing.

AUR | GIT

Best regards,
Moritz

#470 2014-06-04 04:35:22

abner

I'm trying to use the cb plugin for my comics but some of them don't open and give a message saying 'document doesn't contain any pages'. I can open these files with file roller and mcomix so they are not corrupt and definitely do contain pages. I think the problem seems to be that the images inside are labelled as *.JPG and that zathura has an issue with the uppercase because I just extracted one of them, renamed the files to lower case and rezipped them and everything was ok. Is this a bug or a limitation of libarchive?

edit1: seems there's not even that much of a pattern now I'm playing with more examples.
edit2: found a script to convert all cbr to cbz and they all seem to work, must have been something with the rar aspect.

Last edited by abner (2014-06-04 05:08:25)

#471 2014-06-04 12:41:43

mlq
Website

abner wrote:

I'm trying to use the cb plugin for my comics but some of them don't open and give a message saying 'document doesn't contain any pages'. I can open these files with file roller and mcomix so they are not corrupt and definitely do contain pages. I think the problem seems to be that the images inside are labelled as *.JPG and that zathura has an issue with the uppercase because I just extracted one of them, renamed the files to lower case and rezipped them and everything was ok. Is this a bug or a limitation of libarchive?

edit1: seems there's not even that much of a pattern now I'm playing with more examples.
edit2: found a script to convert all cbr to cbz and they all seem to work, must have been something with the rar aspect.

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I've written a patch that allows the file extension to be uppercase and already pushed it into the develop branch of the repository, you can get it if you install the zathura-cb-git package of the AUR.

All the best

#472 2014-06-04 14:11:36

abner

Thanks mlq, I'll try to find more examples since I converted all of my collection already and try the git version. Thank you for the help and zathura, I love it!

#473 2014-06-17 14:03:22

Earnestly

I have a small gripe with Zathura which has been bugging me for a long time which I have hopefully overlooked a setting for.

This relates to zoom level; I largly spend most of my time using llpp when I can but for other formats such as djvu I use zathura. 

The problem comes when using a tiling window manager and wanting to split the window, instead of scaling the current zoom level to fit the new window size, zathura will maintain the same zoom level and thus chops off half the content.  This means I have to constantly babysit zathura's zoom level which is extremely tedious.

Unfortunately auto-fit width is not a good solution as many of the pdfs I have use large margins (think LaTeX) and on a small screen I zoom in to better fit as much as I can.

Does zathura have a way to allow the same behaviour?

Example screenshot: http://a.pomf.se/cwxzyp.png (left: zathura, right: llpp)

#474 2014-06-23 12:39:40

vej.kse

I would like to change the page of a pdf or djvu document using an external script.  I tried using xdotool, but it looks like zathura doesn't respond to “xdotool type” or “xdotool key” commands.  Does anybody know a way to make zathura respond to such commands or another way to control it via an external script?  Thank you!

#475 2014-06-23 12:46:53

sebastinas

vej.kse wrote:

I would like to change the page of a pdf or djvu document using an external script.  I tried using xdotool, but it looks like zathura doesn't respond to “xdotool type” or “xdotool key” commands.  Does anybody know a way to make zathura respond to such commands or another way to control it via an external script?  Thank you!

zathura's D-Bus interface exposes a GotoPage method. You can use that.

Cheers

Board footer