You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-24 18:56:37

84matte84

VMware installation...

Hi guys!!

I am new to this forum and to arch so first of all nice to meet you all!!!!

I am trying to installing vmware workstation 10 to my 3.14.1-1-ARCH

First I had to patch vmware with some info I found into this forum....now when I launch :

[root@S430 source]# vim /etc/init.d/vmware
[root@S430 source]# /etc/init.d/vmware start 
Starting VMware services:
   Virtual machine monitor                                             done
   Virtual machine communication interface                             done
   VM communication interface socket family                            done
   Blocking file system                                                done
   Virtual ethernet                                                    done
   VMware Authentication Daemon                                        done
   Shared Memory Available                                             done

everything seems to be fine from the vmware side but if I try to execute it I have:

[matteo@S430 source]$ vmware
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: impossibile aprire il file oggetto condiviso: File o directory non esistente
Logging to /tmp/vmware-matteo/vmware-modconfig-12427.log

(vmware-modconfig:12427): Gtk-WARNING **: Impossibile trovare il motore del tema in module_path: «xfce»,

(vmware-modconfig:12427): Gtk-WARNING **: Impossibile trovare il motore del tema in module_path: «xfce»,

So something seems to be wrong from the gtk side....what can I do to fix it and run vmware???

Thank you!!!

Board footer