You are not logged in.

#401 2013-10-23 20:27:08

Spyhawk

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

drcouzelis> Nothing to worry about.

DaveCode> I cannot reproduce. If the issue is still present, please provide a complete debug output.

#402 2014-01-19 18:58:11

3xOSC

Whenever I run pacaur -Syyu to update my system and get some new packages, the packages in the original repos can update fine.  But when it comes down to the AUR, it has been very flakey.  Sometimes I would get:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 infinality-bundle is up to date
 infinality-bundle-multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
:: Starting AUR upgrade...
:: resolving dependencies...
:: no results found for [archey]:
:: no results found for [gtk-theme-flatstudio]:

And if I run it 2 minutes later, I get a different output:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 infinality-bundle is up to date
 infinality-bundle-multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
:: Starting AUR upgrade...
:: resolving dependencies...
:: no results found for [humanity-icons]:
:: no results found for [cower]:

I even tried it with the -Syyu switch.

So out of curiousity, I went on aur.packages.org to just look at an AUR package I have had installed and I discovered that it is in need of updating.

Can anyone help?

#403 2014-01-19 19:04:37

Spyhawk

Hi,

First, be sure to read the wiki page of Pacaur (troubleshooting section). If you know which package is broken, simply add a comment on the relevant AUR page and the maintainer will update it.

Note there have been some weird issues related to the AUR lately (see the Aura thread), I'm not sure if pacaur (cower) is concerned too.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-01-19 19:44:40)

#404 2014-01-23 08:38:31

donniezazen
Website

I have the same issue but I thought it was due to very slow internet connection. I will try to gather logs to see if it is a Pacaur or a AUR issue.

#405 2014-01-23 10:14:54

Spyhawk

It's not specific to pacaur/cower. According to this post, it might be a DNS or IPv6 issue.

#406 2014-01-23 11:01:55

Raynman

I've had similar issues, but that was because of a crappy wifi connection. One thing that does seem specific to pacaur is that it simply prints "no results found" while cower (according to that other thread) clearly indicates that there's a connection problem. It would be nice to be able to distinguish between non-existent packages and (temporary) connection trouble.

#407 2014-01-23 14:48:35

Spyhawk

Raynman> Pacaur displays "Could not connect to the AUR" if curl cannot connect to the AUR. You are however right that pacaur displays "No results found" if curl can connect but cower can't (afaik this happens only with DNS issues related to multi-threading used by cower).

#408 2014-01-25 00:53:12

Gulver

Any chance we'd get to check if the installing package is flagged as out-of-date or not? If there is a side-function, a default one that will burst in your eyes like view pkgbuild would be most welcome.

#409 2014-01-25 02:33:05

GSF1200S

I have started testing yaourt-git; it doesnt seem to suffer from the recent issues multiple AUR wrappers have. I can get an error with Aura or Pacaur, and it works without issue on Yaourt. I havent dug into the code yet to look at the way in which Yaourt handles things differently, but most of you are prolly more capable there than me. I wouldnt have a clue with Aura.

Speaking of Yaourt, is there any Arch project that has any LESS interaction with the Arch community??

#410 2014-01-25 09:52:33

Spyhawk

Gulver wrote:

Any chance we'd get to check if the installing package is flagged as out-of-date or not? If there is a side-function, a default one that will burst in your eyes like view pkgbuild would be most welcome.

That's... already implemented, unless I totally miss your point.

GSF1200S wrote:

I have started testing yaourt-git; it doesnt seem to suffer from the recent issues multiple AUR wrappers have. I can get an error with Aura or Pacaur, and it works without issue on Yaourt. I havent dug into the code yet to look at the way in which Yaourt handles things differently, but most of you are prolly more capable there than me. I wouldnt have a clue with Aura.

Speaking of Yaourt, is there any Arch project that has any LESS interaction with the Arch community??

Many people using yaourt also reported this issue. But from what I can see, this is related to IPv6 and DNS resolving. There's also something about it on the yaourt wiki page.
Yaourt is a French project that lives within its own community-cradle of French people. From what I've seen while traveling around the world, I'd say this is a typical French characteristic tongue

#411 2014-03-19 03:32:32

davidva

@Spyhawk  pacaur is a great project, can you help me how  to display a zenity/yad autentication when pacaur solicits install?

#412 2014-03-19 08:08:35

Spyhawk

@davidva> No idea what you mean, I never used zenity/yad. Beside this, if you trying to achieve something unusual, I'm afraid you're on your own here.

#413 2014-03-19 08:10:05

karol
Archivist

I think he wants to use zenity for password prompt https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=178736

#414 2014-04-05 20:32:57

davidva

@Spyhawk @Karol all, sorry my english is bad, I'm building a front-end with yad / zenity. The problem comes when it is, an AUR package, I would like to capture this sudo with yad / zenity. I can invoke the sudo at the beginning, but I do not like the idea of building with sudo ... How can I make a pipe via external (zenity / yad) in pacaur when pacaur ask me to enter my password for sudo?

FluxBB bbcode test

#415 2014-04-06 04:36:30

Spyhawk

@davidva> This is a sudo issue with yad/zenity, and thus not directly related to pacaur. As previously said, you're on your own here.

#416 2014-04-06 04:45:16

progandy

You can modify the path and supply a symlink from sudo to a graphical sudo like ktsuss, kdesu, gksu. makepkg should run in a terminal, though. The AUR may or may not contain packages that require user input during the build and/or installation process.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#417 2014-04-07 10:39:09

Spyhawk

@davidva> By the way, looking at this, I'd prefer you don't distribute modified version of pacaur under the same name for obvious reason. But feel free to fork for your project.

#418 2014-04-07 18:50:25

davidva

@Spyhawk, it is only a example (worked), why no include a option as packagekit (pkcon -p) and you can extend the portability with all front-ends, pacaur is a great work.  Packer (a modified version) is my second option but doesn't include option for uninstall and other options necessary...  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fed … t_CLI.html

It is also the reason because I liked your project. https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop … 00107.html

Times change, there daughters Arch Linux distributions as Manjaro, and are intended for other type of user using the power of Arch Linux.

This is only a recommendation, why not open pacaur also to other type of user wink

Last edited by davidva (2014-04-07 18:58:42)

#419 2014-04-07 20:51:52

Spyhawk

davidva wrote:

Times change, there daughters Arch Linux distributions as Manjaro, and are intended for other type of user using the power of Arch Linux.

This is only a recommendation, why not open pacaur also to other type of user wink

Never going to happen.

Mentioning "Manjaro" here only shows that you're completely missing the point, as pacaur has never been designed for "other type of user" (and there is a reason for it). Please fork.

#420 2014-04-07 21:58:24

davidva

@Spyhawk Manjaro, Arch Linux other its the same, if it uses the same repositories ... ok, no problem, I will be creating a fork. I do not really understand what are your objectives. since you provide a aur-helper + pacman. pacaur was created to facilitate the user's life right?. Sorry for the inconvenience, goodbye buddy.

#421 2014-04-08 08:54:57

Spyhawk

@davidva> No, Arch and Manjaro aren't the same (if they were, that would mean one of them is useless). Pacaur was designed for a certain type of users, which isn't the type of users that Manjaro aims for.

#422 2014-04-27 17:54:21

Spyhawk

Hi fellas!

If some of you are currently feeling like guinea pigs, and that you would like to help, I'd be thankful if you could test the pacaur-git package in conjunction with the latest expac-git package (although pacaur-git should also work with the stable expac package).

As you might be aware, pacaur has mainly focused on stability the past few months, hence the high current version number, 4.1.25). However, a tiny change made in expac master branch requires pacaur to adapt accordingly. I believe I fixed all existing issues, but I'd prefer to have more feedback before releasing 4.1.26 to everybody.

Changelog is here. Apart from the expac compatibility change and a few minor bugfixes, you'll also get an improved zsh completion file (thx to neeee!).  Thanks in advance!

Edit: 4.1.26 now released!

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-05-01 08:10:57)

#423 2014-05-27 20:33:07

Spyhawk

The AUR 3.0.0 has been released, bringing an improved RPC json interface and split package support (thx cryptocrack!).

Beside the new AUR, pacaur has been updated to make full use of the new improvements, with also other minor changes (see changelog):
- A faster, entirely secured dependency solver, and
- full split package support.

Both of these features rely on the newly enhanced RPC json interface, which is fed by the newly mkaurballed packages.

As a result, the new pacaur (4.2.0) is now available through the "pacaur-git" AUR package. It's probably barely usable right now, due to the limited packages using the new AUR Metadata), but the situation will improve as new packages are uploaded in the AUR.

The old version of pacaur (4.1.x) is still available through the "pacaur" AUR package. From now, no maintenance will be done apart from critical bugfix.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-05-27 20:35:05)

#424 2014-05-27 20:54:20

GSF1200S

Spyhawk wrote:

The AUR 3.0.0 has been released, bringing an improved RPC json interface and split package support (thx cryptocrack!).

Beside the new AUR, pacaur has been updated to make full use of the new improvements, with also other minor changes (see changelog):
- A faster, entirely secured dependency solver, and
- full split package support.

Both of these features rely on the newly enhanced RPC json interface, which is fed by the newly mkaurballed packages.

As a result, the new pacaur (4.2.0) is now available through the "pacaur-git" AUR package. It's probably barely usable right now, due to the limited packages using the new AUR Metadata), but the situation will improve as new packages are uploaded in the AUR.

The old version of pacaur (4.1.x) is still available through the "pacaur" AUR package. From now, no maintenance will be done apart from critical bugfix.

Awesome smile Thank you for your continued devotion to this project!

#425 2014-06-18 09:33:29

Spyhawk

Pacaur 4.2.1 has been released and is now the stable version (see Changelog).

Before complaining about this new release, please read the following:

Since version 4.2, pacaur solves the dependency tree using the full secured extended RPC AUR interface. Packages which are missing AUR metadata may however not provide correct dependencies information and a warning will be displayed.

All packages uploaded to the AUR before 2014-05-27 18:35 UTC (AUR 3.0.0 release) are concerned and should be reuploaded by their respective maintainers. If you encounter such packages, please notify their maintainer about their missing AUR metadata status.

It is however possible to temporarily enable the old parsing dependency solver for such packages with the --insecure option, while the additional --preview option allows to preview PKGBUILDs before sourcing for dependency information.

Both of these options are temporary only and will be removed in the near future.

Board footer