You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-30 05:51:19

wchouser3
Website

xfce; suspending, then waking on it's own

Ok, so here's a good one. I'm about to pull out my friggin hair (what little is left)

When I'm running on battery power, and the "presumed" critical level is reached, my laptop suspends then immediately wakes back up. I have commented out, and set all the systemd parameters to "ignore." Now, one thing I do know is that when I do not run xfce4-power-manager, it suspends at the time or percentage set for Upower in the /etc/Upower/Upower.conf file (although it's set to hibernate, but that's an issue for another matter) So, is the power manager conflicting with Upower (which is a dependency of Xfce4-sessions)? If so, how do I disable it? issuing the "sudo systemctl disable upower.service" doesn't work. Is it possible there is a third thing somewhere causing these things to conflict?

Right now, I've got Xfce4-power-manager removed from the machine, and it seems to be behaving, but I'd really like to figure out how to fix this.

If you can't be helpful, don't say anything at all. Fair enough?

#2 2014-04-30 08:43:52

Rexilion

Re: xfce; suspending, then waking on it's own

Maybe it fails somewhere during suspend and then reverts back to a working state.

xfce4-power-manager should communicate with upower about this. Do you see any errors in your terminal if you start xfce4-power-manager from this?

Btw, three days ago there was an update for xfce4-power-manager. Coincidence?

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#3 2014-04-30 09:03:17

wchouser3
Website

Re: xfce; suspending, then waking on it's own

What else besides upower, xpm, or systemd have the ability to suspend the system? I don't have Pm-utils, laptop-mode-tools, or acpid.

If you can't be helpful, don't say anything at all. Fair enough?

Board footer