You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-08 16:00:35

viniosity
Website

CUPS question

I'm trying to get my Brother 5070N working via CUPS.  Even though I downloaded the PPD and put it in /usr/share/cups/model it doesn't show up for me to select.  I've also tried using the install option via the gnome-cups-manager but it either tells me that it's already installed (if the PPD I select is in the above folder) or that it's missing an adobe header file (if I move the ppd to root and select it from there.)

What's the secret?  I notice that there are a lot more files in ppd.gz format in /usr/share/cups/model/C/  Do I have to compress the ppd or something?

PS: I also have taken the PPD directly from my install CD but have the same problem.  I've checked permissions and ownership and they are ok.

#2 2006-02-08 16:10:49

dojo

Re: CUPS question

Did you restart your cups-server? After restart you should be able to configure your printer via http://localhost:631

Greets

Sunnemer

#3 2006-02-08 16:36:02

viniosity
Website

Re: CUPS question

No, I hadn't restarted CUPS (I wish I could blame that on lack of coffee but truthfully this didn't even occur to me). After doing that the PPD shows up as expected.  Many thanks!

Board footer