You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-10 22:27:43

mico

KDE 3.2 weird problems

I was using Arch and KDE for about a week or two, everything worked as it should, then after I upgraded kdepim from 3.2.0-1 to 3.2.0-2 some things sort of broke:

1. the K menu misses a part:
arch-kde3.2.png

2. the mouse cursor became smaller and red. Later I found the section in control center where I can set the cursor look back.

3. I can't import any gnupg keys with kgpg, neither from disk, nor from clipboard. It worked before.

It may not be kdepim package's fault, I just noticed after the upgrade.
I thought maybe I did too much tweaking and made a mistake somewhere so today I did a fresh Arch linux ftp install with same packages and it is still no good. When I login to kde for the first time (using kdm) kde works & looks ok until I start a program (any program) from K menu - then it's screwed forever... or until I remove ~/*

Is there still kdepim-3.2.0-1.pkg.tar.gz available? Or at least the PKGBUILD? I would like to downgrade and see if it's better. I mean, it worked fine before...

#2 2004-02-10 22:38:57

Bobonov

Re: KDE 3.2 weird problems

If you want to downgrade you should have the previous version in you pacman chache dir, go here
/var/cache/pacman/pkg
Then do
(*** about removing the package, it should not remove the data  but I am not 100% sure where kdepim save the data. If they are in your home directory there should not be problem.)

pacman -Rf kdepim
(f force the remove, it is sure it has deps)
and then
pacman -Afc kdepim-3.2.0-1.pkg.tar.gz
A add package, c installa from file, f force install it should be optional

About the strange look, try to change to another theme and then swith back to the original one, it should reset the setting.

#3 2004-02-10 22:49:19

mico

I ran
pacman -Sc
a few days ago and don't have the package anymore. I have most others since I copied them to another partition before reinstall of arch, but not kdepim.

About the strange look, try to change to another theme and then swith back to the original one, it should reset the setting.

I'll try that, thanks (I'm not running arch ATM, I kind of reconsidered completely switching to arch after this  :oops: )

#4 2004-02-11 10:35:18

Bobonov

I still have it in my chache but is about 10MB.........

#5 2004-02-12 21:05:33

mico

I solved the kgpg "bug" ... it turned out I didn't install gnupg, LOL. My fault for not installing it, but gnupg *could* be listed as kdeutils run-time dependency.

Anyway, if it is just for the ugly menu, I can probably live with that and hope it will be fixed with next version of kdepim package or whatever is causing this...

Thanks for your help.

#6 2004-02-13 19:27:29

shen
Website

It's an issue with kdebase 3.2.0-2. I updated to that and ass soon as i did I started noticing the menu issues and a few other minor issues. I don't install kdepim so I would assume it's the kdebase package.

#7 2004-02-13 20:39:11

Caesium

it seems to be a combination of icon size selected for a program used in the menu and/or the most frequently used/last used programs at the top of the menu. I got it to bug out like that by useing a 32x32 icon when setting the icon for an app, but unbugged when i set it to 16x16. but the defect only showed when that app was in the list at the top.. on a different occation the apps listed in the top 5 all had 16x16 menu icons... so no idea really.. completely disableing that option seems to be a sure fix for the menu bug, so I suspect it's related to that..

Board footer