You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-11 01:20:42

ganlu

a few packages for chinese

I have compiled a few packages for better chinese support, though you can do it yourself easily, but if you like, there are mine.
freetype-2.1.7(with aiko's CJK patch)
scim-0.9.0
scim-tables-0.3.1
reciteword-0.8.2
stardict-2.4.1

I don't know how to put them in the incoming, and I am on the office right now, I will post my PKGBUILD when I go back home.
Sorry for this.

#2 2004-02-11 01:28:06

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: a few packages for chinese

You probably want to post these in the New Packages section.

If they're just modifications to PKGBUILDs and they don't hinder the old operation (non-chinese, etc) then submit the modifications as bug reports and I'm pretty sure they'll be added.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-02-11 03:13:42

ganlu

Re: a few packages for chinese

Sorry fot posting in the wrong section. By default Arch has some mess-up when displaying chinese charactors due to freetype and fontconfig, so I have to patch them firstly to get my chinese showing beautifully(surely it doesn't affect Non-chinese, but it's not a bug, it's defection of freetype mostly). I have some troubles in fontconfig makepkg but freetype comes out without problems.
scim is a input method platform for chinese(both Simplifed and Traditional), japanese and korean written by C++. it is GPL application, too.
scim-table is coding tables fot inputing chinese and so on.
A input method is a must-have for CJK user, so please include SCIM or FCITX in the next  Arch release.

Board footer