You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-16 00:22:47

demon012

Unable to build any Xen AUR packages

Hey guys,

I am frantically trying to get Xen working using the AUR Xen packages. On my PC I am having problems with the packages claiming that GCC is not capable of building binaries (checked the logs and seems like the configure script is trying to use options that do not exist in GCC4.9).

However, I am mainly trying to get these packages running on my old laptop which is running a fresh install of Arch 686. On the aur/xen package it fails on: `gzip: boot/xen-syms-*: No such file or directory`.

aur/xen-git gets stuck trying to apply a patch.

aur/xen-4.3-git fails in prepare. This is also failing to patch a file.

aur/xen-4.3 suffers with the same problem that aur/xen does with the gzip of boot/xen-syms-*: No such file or directory.

Does anyone have any clue how to get any of these packages to build or is able to fix them?

Thanks,

demon012

#2 2014-05-16 06:57:56

demon012

Re: Unable to build any Xen AUR packages

I managed to get aur/xen to compile on x86_64 by removing the CFLAGS line from build on x86_64 (thanks to Zack Buhman on AUR-General mailing list). However still does not generate the boot files on 686 so fails to build the package.

I can work with this (I have a weak laptop that does support x86_64) but if anyone knows of a way of getting xen to compile on Arch 686 (much better but older laptop) please do let me know.

#3 2014-05-16 12:22:57

Lone_Wolf

Re: Unable to build any Xen AUR packages

demon012,
if the error log has a line like this

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option '-fstack-protector-strong'

there's a better solution.

Check https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=181328 & the aur gcc46-multilib pacakge.

(-fstack-protector-strong is a new option introduced in ggc 4.9 )

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer