You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-20 17:52:28

ned98

C.H.A.O.S. - Cluster Helper Arch Operated Suite

"Hi everyone!
I've just coded a new set of scripts to automate Arch installs!"

This is probably how many topics like mine got started, but this one's is different, I hope...

First of all, let me introduce myself to the community: I'm Niccolò Maggioni, a 16yrs old guy from Italy with a great passion for computers. I steadily moved onto GNU/Linux when I was around 13.
Lately me and a few friends of mine are trying to get a big school project going (we're still in High School, third year out of five): make up a cluster computer made of many raw components that the school was throwing away!
The project isn't having an easy time because not even one teacher in school wants to lead our team, so we cannot turn on even a single motherboard.
If you'd like to learn more about the project - codename M.A.Y.H.E.M. - you can visit its homepage. Sorry for it being in Italian only, I'm currently translating it.

Since we needed to deploy a large number of nodes (currently we count 23 pieces) in a short time, I decided to write some sort of scripts that would allow me to have averything up and configured in no time.
That bunch of scripts then formed what I like to call C.H.A.O.S.: an Arch variant that comes with all the needed packages pre-configured.
Here is the C.H.A.O.S. homepage.
Sorceforge: Homepage
Unexpected Softpedia review: Review

I'd be glad if someone could tell me their opinion about this cluttered-code-thingy, I'm really looking forward to it big_smile
Have a nice day everyone!

Board footer