You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-23 05:04:43

dubble

Help with wifi on thinkpad SL500

Alright, I installed arch several times now, this is not the first time I am having this problem.

I am using the ath5k wireless driver (and it is the correct driver to use according to the wiki)

When I run wifi-menu it goes through the whole process and then it give the "journal -xn" message with an error (sorry my computer's not on right now)

I made sure it is set to "up" with ip link, I enabled and started it with netctl, and I tried to use wpa_gui which said it couldn't get the status from wpa_supplicant

looking at lspci -vnn says it loaded the correct module for the wireless controller

the wifi worked during the install process from the live CD

this is a client side problem for sure

when I enter ping -c 3 google.com it gives "unknown host"

please, I have stayed up almost all night trying to figure out the problem, help! I can give you any info about the computer you need

#2 2014-05-23 05:53:10

WonderWoofy

Re: Help with wifi on thinkpad SL500

You probably have a conflicting netowrk service running.  Use systemctl --type=service and see if you have anything like dhcpcd.service or dhcpcd@wlp3s0.service that might be running.  These will prevent you from getting an IP address with another network management service like netctl.

Board footer