You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-24 02:42:00

pogeymanz

Setting thresholds for cpu governor with TLP?

I used to have a set of scripts with every power saving trick I ever collected that would run upon un/plugging my laptop. But today I decided to play with TLP because it's all the rage these days.

It's really nice! It seems to hit more stuff than Laptop Mode Tools did, which is awesome. My powertop is reporting under 11 watts, which is about as good as I can ever get with this laptop.

The one thing I'm missing, though, is I like to switch to conservative governor when on battery. I also change the up and down thresholds to 98 and 95, respectively as per this probably dated article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/libra … index.html .

Anyway, I have TLP set to switch to performance when plugged in and conservative when on battery. Is there any way to get TLP to also set the thresholds when the computer is unplugged? Any kind of "run this script upon unplugging" option? I think Laptop Mode Tools had that, so that would be the one thing which I'd say is better about LMT if TLP doesn't also have that.

Board footer