You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-19 20:41:19

Skyflier

Brightness not handled properly

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion g6-2208ep notebook which has two graphics cards, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an AMD Radeon 7670M.

I intalled Arch with KDE and both "ati" and "intel" drivers installed.

The problem is that brightness goes up and down with the hotkeys but in very short levels. At the same time, KDE does not display any OSD telling me which level brightness is EXCEPT when it is 100%.

What should I do regarding this?

#2 2014-05-29 18:33:10

GSF1200S

Re: Brightness not handled properly

Skyflier wrote:

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion g6-2208ep notebook which has two graphics cards, an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and an AMD Radeon 7670M.

I intalled Arch with KDE and both "ati" and "intel" drivers installed.

The problem is that brightness goes up and down with the hotkeys but in very short levels. At the same time, KDE does not display any OSD telling me which level brightness is EXCEPT when it is 100%.

What should I do regarding this?

Try installing xorg-xbacklight and setting up keyboard shortcuts in KDE to control the backlight that way. I have a similar problem on a Lenovo T530- I have to press the brightness up or down keys 4-5 times before the backlight changes 1 increment (allowing the kernel to manage the brightness keys). However, with xbacklight bound to the brightness keys via Openbox, the problem disappears and the backlight increments just how I like (you can tell xbacklight how much you want it to increment up and down).

In terms of the onscreen display, I cant help you there. Thats the only notification I dont have working with libnotify. I dont really mind personally..

Last edited by GSF1200S (2014-05-29 18:34:17)

Board footer