You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-30 19:04:46

PogMat

Strange problem about CUSP

Hi,
I have a Samsung printer, and Samsung supplies also something called "universal samsung printing driver" or similar. I installed that package and all was ok; I have CUPS installed ad all worked well.  Then I made some experiments and my printer list (on CUPS but also on applications' menus) become a mess, so I decided to reinstall samsung drivers and CUSP: first of all I removed CUPS with -Rns option and then I tried to remove samsung drivers but something should have gone wrong... now I have no printer in cups list (localhost:631) but in applications' menus my printer's name still remains but unfortunately I'm not able to print anything. How can I erase completely my printer from my pc?

In addition to that, I have to say that now "samsung universal bla bla drivers" are no longer required, as, when a friend of mine plugged my samsung in his ubuntu laptop, it immediately added to cusp and it worked very well.

Please help me,
thank you

#2 2014-05-30 19:28:47

ooo

Re: Strange problem about CUSP

CUPS not CUSP :)

The CUPS page on arch wiki mentions 'splix - Samsung drivers for SPL (Samsung Printer Language) printer' that is available from community repo. Maybe that could work. There's a list of supported browsers at splix home page.

Can't really help with removing the universal samsung driver without knowing exactly what you've done.

Last edited by ooo (2014-05-30 19:28:57)

Board footer