You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-31 12:57:51

jantonio2992

[SOLVED]Oh-my-zsh themes not loading

[ edit]

So the solution was to remove the grml-zsh-config package, and reboot(sourcing the .zshrc for some reason didn't make any difference).

[/ edit ]
Hello,

I don't know if this is the best section to post this question but this isn't necessarily related to Arch exactly so...

I have two machines that I'm using currently, each with a git repository where i keep track of my stuff(mainly config files), and i share them between the machines. Now, for some reason, on my main machine, with Arch x64 the oh-my-zsh themes load, but on my netbook(with x86 Arch ) they don't load, the prompt just looks like username@hostname.

I tried editing my .zshrc but t doesn't change anything. Does anyone ever had this problem? I Googled and what i get is that the plugins don't work, not the themes.

My .zshrc is as follows:

# defs
ZSH=/usr/share/oh-my-zsh/
ZSH_THEME="robbyrussell"
#ZSH_THEME="afowler"
CASE_SENSITIVE="true"
DISABLE_AUTO_UPDATE="true"
# Uncomment following line if you want red dots to be displayed while waiting for completion
COMPLETION_WAITING_DOTS="true"

# on login
if [ ! -f /tmp/login ]; then
  touch /tmp/login
  eval $(ssh-agent)
  ssh-add -l >/dev/null || alias ssh='ssh-add -l >/dev/null || ssh-add && unalias ssh; ssh'
fi

# Uncomment to change how often before auto-updates occur? (in days) 
# export UPDATE_ZSH_DAYS=13
# Uncomment following line if you want to disable colors in ls 
# DISABLE_LS_COLORS="true"
# Uncomment following line if you want to disable autosetting terminal 
# title. DISABLE_AUTO_TITLE="true"
# Uncomment following line if you want to disable command autocorrection 
# DISABLE_CORRECTION="true"
# Uncomment following line if you want to disable marking untracked files 
# under VCS as dirty. This makes repository status check for large 
# repositories much, much faster. 
#DISABLE_UNTRACKED_FILES_DIRTY="true"
# Which plugins would you like to load? (plugins can be found in 
# ~/.oh-my-zsh/plugins/*) Custom plugins may be added to 
# ~/.oh-my-zsh/custom/plugins/ Example format: plugins=(rails git textmate 
# ruby lighthouse)
#plugins=(git)

source $ZSH/oh-my-zsh.sh
EDITOR=vim
VISUAL=$EDITOR
export EDITOR VISUAL
bindkey "\e[3~" delete-char
umask 022 
setopt APPEND_HISTORY 
setopt SHARE_HISTORY 
setopt NOTIFY 
setopt NOHUP 
setopt MAILWARN

HISTFILE=$HOME/.zsh_history 
HISTSIZE=5000 
SAVEHIST=5000

export PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl:/home/joseph/.cabal/bin:/home/joseph/.cabal/bin:/home/joseph/bin

# boot
#clear
~/.scripts/fortune.sh

# alias
alias setbackground="~/.scripts/setbackground.sh"
alias setcursor="~/.scripts/setcursor.sh"
alias fortune="~/.scripts/fortune.sh"
alias nano="nano -c" 
alias wifi-menu="sudo wifi-menu" 
alias poweroff="sudo systemctl poweroff" 
alias reboot="sudo systemctl reboot" 
alias suspend="sudo systemctl suspend"
alias reflector="sudo ~/.scripts/reflector.sh" 
alias ls='ls --color=no' 
alias cp='cp -i --preserve=all'
alias lock='slock'
alias pacup="~/.scripts/pacup.sh"
alias w3md="w3m duckduckgo.com"
alias startxx="~/.scripts/startxx.sh"
alias startxo="~/.scripts/startxo.sh"
alias du="du -h"
alias mplayer="mplayer -zoom"
alias pacman="sudo pacman"
#

Thank you for helping me.

Last edited by jantonio2992 (2014-05-31 21:28:41)

#2 2014-05-31 14:31:05

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Oh-my-zsh themes not loading

jantonio2992 wrote:

I don't know if this is the best section to post this question

I've moved this here to Applications & Desktop Evironments as it seems a better fit as it is about configuration.

On topic, I don't use zsh, but two basic checks may be in order: 1) what are the ownership and permissions of the config file on the machine it doesn't work on (`ls -l <filename>`) and 2) do you have the exact same version of oh-my-zsh on each machine and/or are you using the aur package for it?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2014-05-31 15:12:42

thiagowfx

Check whether the folder /usr/share/oh-my-zsh/themes exist in your other machine, and that your chosen theme is present there.

Also, you might try adding

set -x

to the beginning of your ~/.zshrc to try to diff/debug the differences between your machines.

Last edited by thiagowfx (2014-05-31 15:13:21)

#4 2014-05-31 16:56:55

ANOKNUSA

Jantonio2992 wrote:

I have two machines that I'm using currently, each with a git repository where i keep track of my stuff(mainly config files), and i share them between the machines.

Since you admit that you want the same configuration on each machine, why don't you just replace the broken configuration with the working one?

thiagowfx wrote:

Check whether the folder /usr/share/oh-my-zsh/themes exist in your other machine, and that your chosen theme is present there.

For posterity, note that this would only apply if it was installed from the AUR. If one just cloned the Git repo (which would be preferable if the user wants to make any changes) the config will be in ~/.oh-my-zsh.

#5 2014-05-31 21:27:29

jantonio2992

First of all, thank you for helping me.

Trilby wrote:
jantonio2992 wrote:

I don't know if this is the best section to post this question

I've moved this here to Applications & Desktop Evironments as it seems a better fit as it is about configuration.

Thank you,

Trilby wrote:

On topic, I don't use zsh, but two basic checks may be in order: 1) what are the ownership and permissions of the config file on the machine it doesn't work on (`ls -l <filename>`) and 2) do you have the exact same version of oh-my-zsh on each machine and/or are you using the aur package for it?

1) lrwxrwxrwx 1 joseph joseph , so i bet that permissions shouldn't be a problem no?
2) Yes, i have same version, i even installed the package again to make sure both had last version.

ANOKNUSA wrote:
Jantonio2992 wrote:

I have two machines that I'm using currently, each with a git repository where i keep track of my stuff(mainly config files), and i share them between the machines.

Since you admit that you want the same configuration on each machine, why don't you just replace the broken configuration with the working one?

I did, Each machine has a normal git repository(git init) and a bare(git init --bare), then i set bare repository as "backupl" on the same machine and as "backup" on the other machine, this is how i share them smile, so they are basically the same. Still on one(the netbook) the prompt shows as <username>@<hostname> and on my main tower(x64 arch, if that helps) it shows as it should with the theme. So to answer to your sugestion, i did replace them still with no result.

ANOKNUSA wrote:
thiagowfx wrote:

For posterity, note that this would only apply if it was installed from the AUR. If one just cloned the Git repo (which would be preferable if the user wants to make any changes) the config will be in ~/.oh-my-zsh.

Yes it was installed from AUR, if i have to install some package not from officials i usually install from AUR.

thiagowfx wrote:

Also, you might try adding

set -x

to the beginning of your ~/.zshrc to try to diff/debug the differences between your machines.

Since both were installed from AUR they both have the folder themes.

About the set -x , it did it. Thank you very much. When i did that, i compared the differences of the output as you said i should and the netbook one fave a lot more info, so further inspection, on the output said something about "gmrl" something, and i remembered i had installed the grml-zsh-config because it was the config i used to use before i started using git, since i prefer how the oh-my-zsh themes look.

So the solution was to remove the grml-zsh-config package, and reboot(sourcing the .zshrc for some reason didn't make any difference).

thank you for helping me.

Board footer