You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-13 17:27:29

viniosity
Website

e17 dock icons

I'm trying to add icons for other applications to the dock in e17 (from community).  When I launch the app there is an icon in the top left of the window however I cannot drag it to the dock as I get an error saying:

You tried to drop an icon of an application that does not have a matching application file.  The icon cannot be added to IBar.

So no problem.. I left click on the icon again and choose create icon.  I then select a png file I grabbed off the net and off I go.  I once again drag the icon down to the dock and this time it gets inserted.

However, after exiting, the next time I run enlightenment the space where the application was is still there but the icon is gone.  Does anyone know how to solve this?  Is there some special place I need to put the application icons so that e17 knows to find it?

Else is there an archive of eaps out there for the common apps (gaim, thunderbird, etc)

Thanks..

#2 2006-02-13 17:49:54

iggy

Re: e17 dock icons

icons are saved in ~/.e/e/applications/all/. but use e17 from fouinix. it is newer.

sorry for my bad english smile

#3 2006-02-13 17:56:17

viniosity
Website

Re: e17 dock icons

I see the eap files in that directory but no png files or icons. Are you sure they don't go in .e/e/icons ?

Is the community version of e17 still be maintained?  It looks like an up to date snapshot to me.

Board footer