You are not logged in.

#2151 2014-06-02 00:17:17

portix

Re: dwb - a webkit web browser

sdothum wrote:

Found the problem that appears to be specific to dwb with tt-rss. dwb complains on loading the url http://localhost/tt-rss/

Site tried to set super-cookie @ TLD localhost (base localhost)

Other webkit based browsers do not have a problem with tt-rss. tt-rss will load if dwb is run as super user i.e. sudo dwb, but that is not desirable.

Should be fixed in dwb-git now.

#2152 2014-06-02 11:01:49

sdothum

The "super cookie" message is gone.. but the URI error previously reported persists. "sudo dwb" loads the localhost tt-rss page without problem.. strange.

#2153 2014-06-02 19:20:27

cju

Quick question: Is there a way to disable the hints I get at the bottom when I hover a link? I know I can hide the statusbar, but nevertheless, hovering a link shows its target in a hint/tooltip/ciwyw…

Or does webkit itself provide this functionality, because I don't see any option for this in the dwb settings?

#2154 2014-06-07 10:35:22

chickenPie4tea

how do you set up formfiller?
The only reason I am still using Firefox is because I can use lastpass to fill in my website passwords.
When I try to use formfiller in dwb I get the message
"no storage form found"
I have made a dir in .config/dwb/forms
and in that dir put an empty file called forms
is that correct?

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#2155 2014-06-07 10:51:19

portix

You don't need to create a directory, you can configure the formfiller extension with

dwbem -E formfiller

EDITOR has to be set or vim installed if EDITOR isn't set. There is an option called formData where you can configure a file path for form data. The default path is ~/.config/dwb/forms. formfiller doesn't save forms automatically, you have to save them explicitly with efg. You can also configure gpg-encrypted files.

#2156 2014-06-07 12:13:19

chickenPie4tea

vim is my default editor.
I still dont understand how to use it then.
I am on a webpage and have to fill in my username and password so do I type
efg then fill in my username and password and formfiller saves the info?
then later on when I go back to the web site type eff and formfiller fills in the info?

You can like linux without becoming a fanatic!

#2157 2014-06-07 12:50:51

bstaletic

You need to fiil in the form, or formfiller won't get any data.

#2158 2014-06-09 06:11:23

sekret

I'd say you first have to fill in your data (username, password) and THEN type efg.

#2159 2014-06-18 15:31:45

Tristelune

Hello,

I would like to copy and paste some text with the keyboard. I think to do that, I have to use caret browsing. But is it possible with caret browing to jump
on the text I want to copy ? I tried the search function, but when I switch to caret browsing the cursor is not on the searched text.

#2160 2014-06-20 10:17:22

cpoon

Hi, any way to hide the non intrusive ads such as on gmail.com etc? Thanks.

#2161 2014-06-23 07:13:08

cju

Though I created a dedicated thread over there, this thread probably might be the better place to ask if anyone else does encounter problems, e.g. sluggish behaviour, lags, hangs, crashes etc., with the spotify webplayer?

#2162 2014-06-24 17:03:27

Aton

Hey,

I just stumbled upon this project and it looks really good so far!
A few questions:

Has anyone succeeded in enabling opera-like mouse gestures?
I have copied "mouse.js" in $HOME/.config/dwb/userscripts and made it
executable but the gestures don't work.

Do you consider browsers like dwb (uzbl, etc.) safe for things like online banking?

#2163 2014-06-25 03:26:28

serdotlinecho

The flash player won't load on livefootballvideo.com. It works fine in Firefox with the same flash player. I get:

This video is invalid or encoding. Please refresh, watch with other server or try again later.
└─ dwb --version
    This is : dwb-git
    Version : commit 2014-06-14 9f4bdb9
      Built : Jun 25 2014 10:39:43
  Copyright : (C) 2010-2014 Stefan Bolte
    License : GNU General Public License, version 3 or later

dwb:plugins

Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202	/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so	
Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202	/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

#2164 2014-06-27 01:32:38

christoff522

hey guys, just want to say this is an amazing browser, so much more lightweight than firefox.

Just have one question, how can I get my greasemonkey viewtube script working?

I've searched around on google, and I've copied the script into my userscript folder..but nothing..I even popped it in the autostart folder - still nothing.

Can anyone help? If I can figure this out - thats it, I'm a dwb user for life!

thanks!

#2165 2014-06-27 01:57:09

christoff522

christoff522 wrote:

hey guys, just want to say this is an amazing browser, so much more lightweight than firefox.

Just have one question, how can I get my greasemonkey viewtube script working?

I've searched around on google, and I've copied the script into my userscript folder..but nothing..I even popped it in the autostart folder - still nothing.

Can anyone help? If I can figure this out - thats it, I'm a dwb user for life!

thanks!

Its okay, solved it..just needed to make a greasemonkey folder! /home/XXX/.config/dwb/greasemonkey

Oh and make sure the .js is executable!

#2166 2014-06-28 20:22:40

sm4tik
Website

First off, thanks for all the hard work portix, I've been using dwb as my main browser after switching to a tiling wm some half a year ago and I'm loving the browser more and more every day!

My question really is dependent on my crappy hw, an old samsung nc10 netbook with an atom N270 processor. For normal browsing I keep scripts (and plugins) blocked but beeing a music junkie I have to allow a few sites to load scripts as they wish. However, since the sites and the scripting used are not always (if ever..) optimized for older machines, the things they make my lappy take are just way off the line and the lag is almost unbareable. At the same time, my 600MHz phone has no problems scrolling the sites since the browser is using a mobile view.

Q: How hard would it be to implement a user agent switcher to switch between normal and mobile views on the fly?

I'm already considering netbooks as half tablet / half laptop -things, so having a way to switch the browsing mode accordingly would fit the picture, right wink

#2167 2014-06-29 11:38:43

portix

It's not that hard, here is a script.

//!javascript

var uaDesktop = "desktop user agent";
var uaMobile = "mobile user agent";

var uaSelection = [
    { left : uaDesktop, right : "Desktop user agent" }, 
    { left : uaMobile,  right : "Mobil user agent" }
];

function toggleUA(tab) {
    var settings = tab.settings;
    settings.userAgent = settings.userAgent == uaMobile ? uaDesktop : uaMobile;
}

function setUA(ua, tab) {
    tab.settings.userAgent = ua;
}

// toggle user agent for current tab
bind("Ut", function() { 
    toggleUA(tabs.current); 
}, "uatoggle");

// toggle user agent for all tabs
bind("UT", function() {
    tabs.forEach(toggleUA);
}, "uatoggleall");

// User agent selection for current tab
bind("Us", function() {
    util.tabComplete("Useragent:", uaSelection, function(ua) {
        setUA(ua, tabs.current);
    }, true);
}, "uaselect");
// User agent selection for all tabs
bind("US", function() {
    util.tabComplete("Useragent:", uaSelection, function(ua) {
        tabs.forEach(setUA.bind(null, ua));
    }, true);
}, "uaselectall");

You only have to adjust the desktop and mobile useragent to your needs. The first
argument of bind is the shortcut, the third argument is the commandline command,
so for example the shortcut 'US'  and the commandline command :uaselectall gives
you a selection for all tabs.

#2168 2014-06-29 18:31:21

cullum

Cache doesn't seem to be working?

Using both dwb from repos, and compiling the latest pull from git, dwb doesn't seem to be caching anything, despite having enable_page_cache set to true. This makes browsing image-heavy sites pretty sluggish, as everything is re-downloaded each time I return to the page.

I set up a webserver hosting images with "Expires: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:22:38 GMT" and "Cache-Control: max-age=31536000" headers, and confirmed in server logs that dwb redownloads the images each time. Other webkitgtk browsers. like Midori, do not exhibit this issue. dwb created the "~/.cache/dwb" directory, but it is empty.

I saw some issues for this on the Bitbucket bug tracker. One was marked closed as being webkitgtk's problem, and the other appears to be dead. However, other webkitgtk browsers on my system cache content properly.

Issue #270
Issue #364

EDIT: Looked at midori's source code to see how they did it, and cache seems to be working after hacking the following into dwb_soup_init():

SoupSessionFeature* cacheSupport = SOUP_SESSION_FEATURE(soup_cache_new(NULL, 0));               
soup_session_add_feature(dwb.misc.soupsession, cacheSupport);
soup_cache_set_max_size(SOUP_CACHE(cacheSupport), 1024 * 1024 * 1024);
soup_cache_load(SOUP_CACHE(cacheSupport));

I forked dwb and added code for cache support here. It seems to work, but I haven't done any extensive testing. I just looked at how Midori did it and pretty much copied the code from there.

Last edited by cullum (2014-06-29 22:27:20)

#2169 2014-06-29 23:00:12

portix

I will add those feature by i will reject you pull request because there is a version check for libsoup missing, cache support requires at least libsoup 2.34.

#2170 2014-06-30 11:09:23

seroperson

Hello. autoquvi is not working. I make some debugging and get something like that:

onStdout: # Found media property scripts for the domains
onStdout: #
onFinished: # Found media property scripts for the domains
#
DWB EXTENSION: extension autoquvi: Successfully loaded and initialized.
onStdout: 101greatgoals.com
onStdout: 1tv.ru
onStdout: ...

And 'supported' always have length == 0.
I don't know exactly how it would be better but following code in getSupported fixes that issue:

var result = system.spawnSync(command);
if(result.status == 0) {                                                                                                                                                                                              
  callback(result.stdout);
  d.resolve(true);
}
else {
  d.reject();
}

That's all. Hope it's will be helpful for someone.

Last edited by seroperson (2014-06-30 11:10:55)

#2171 2014-07-01 10:32:19

0mark
Website

Thats an issue within the spawn stuff. Dwb uses glib io watcher and child watcher. When the child ends, the io whatcher might not have read everything from stdout (because threading). As a quick fix, it helped for me to use g_io_add_watch_full instead of g_io_add_watch and set a priority other than the default. I think the correct solution would be to make the child watcher complete the io read. I guess my hackish solution will not help with very long output.

I cant access my stuff right now, but if there is interest i can post a patch later.

Ceterum autem censeo Systemdinem esse delendam

#2172 2014-07-01 11:19:56

portix

0mark wrote:

Thats an issue within the spawn stuff. Dwb uses glib io watcher and child watcher. When the child ends, the io whatcher might not have read everything from stdout (because threading). As a quick fix, it helped for me to use g_io_add_watch_full instead of g_io_add_watch and set a priority other than the default. I think the correct solution would be to make the child watcher complete the io read. I guess my hackish solution will not help with very long output.

I cant access my stuff right now, but if there is interest i can post a patch later.

I've already fixed it, i just have to test it and will push it today or tomorrow.

#2173 2014-07-01 12:24:46

0mark
Website

Nice big_smile

Ceterum autem censeo Systemdinem esse delendam

#2174 2014-07-01 17:29:47

portix

I have fixed the buffering issue of system.spawn, i haven't tested autoquvi though. If it still doesn't work i have to fix the autoquvi extension.

#2175 2014-07-02 19:32:14

sm4tik
Website

portix wrote:

It's not that hard, here is a script.

..snip..

You only have to adjust the desktop and mobile useragent to your needs. The first
argument of bind is the shortcut, the third argument is the commandline command,
so for example the shortcut 'US'  and the commandline command :uaselectall gives
you a selection for all tabs.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Board footer