You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-25 15:55:44

lbromo

[SOLVED] PEAK PCAN-Dongle - macro "__DATE__"

Hi all.

I'm trying to install the PEAKs PCAN-USB drivers.
I'm getting both time and data macro errors:

macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds
macro "__TIME__" might prevent reproducible builds

The compiler output is:

*** Host machine kernel version=3.15.1-1-ARCH
*** Driver kernel version=3.15.1-1-ARCH
*** Path to kernel sources=/lib/modules/3.15.1-1-ARCH/build
*** use KBUILD=yes
make -C /lib/modules/3.15.1-1-ARCH/build SUBDIRS=/home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver        EXTRA_CFLAGS="-I/home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver        -DNO_DEBUG -DMODVERSIONS -DPARPORT_SUBSYSTEM -DUSB_SUPPORT -DPCI_SUPPORT -DPCIEC_SUPPORT -DISA_SUPPORT -DDONGLE_SUPPORT -DPCCARD_SUPPORT -DNO_NETDEV_SUPPORT -DNO_RT " V=0 modules
make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/3.15.1-1-ARCH/build'
  CC [M]  /home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver/src/pcan_main.o
/home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver/src/pcan_main.c: In function ‘pcan_read_procmem’:
/home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver/src/pcan_main.c:396:3: error: macro "__DATE__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]
   __DATE__, __TIME__);
   ^
/home/lbromo12/builds/peak-linux-driver-7.11/driver/src/pcan_main.c:396:13: error: macro "__TIME__" might prevent reproducible builds [-Werror=date-time]
   __DATE__, __TIME__);
             ^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

There were none -Werror flags in any of the make files, and i've removed -Wall from the make files, just to see, both the sammer error occurs.

I have no idea why this is :S

I found a post with similar error messages (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=180922), but seemd not to be usefull for this problem sad

Last edited by lbromo (2014-07-10 09:55:49)

#2 2014-07-10 09:07:44

falstaff_ch

Re: [SOLVED] PEAK PCAN-Dongle - macro "__DATE__"

Hi,

Today I hit the exactly same problem when I tried to use PCAN-USB on arch. I could work around this by adding "-Wno-error=date-time" to _CFLAGS in the Makefile. Alternatively you can use the RT_CFLAGS environment variable which is used by the Makefile. However, this work around works only for PCAN-USB driver since only this Makefile uses the RT_CFLAGS I guess...

make RT_CFLAGS="-Wno-error=date-time"

--
falstaff

#3 2014-07-10 09:55:16

lbromo

Re: [SOLVED] PEAK PCAN-Dongle - macro "__DATE__"

Thank you for posting a solution smile

Board footer