You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-17 01:02:17

rdking

New ADSL give me and Royal Rp-pppoe pain in the rump

OK, so I cut my cable tv and lost my good deal on cable internet, and went with my phone company (Aliant) for new internet service.  It's ADSL, which I was able to get working on an older ubuntu computer, but no go so far here.  In fact I can't even get a windows partition to recognize and set it up with the install CD...but that is another kettle of worms. 

I followed the wiki below:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ppp … p_with_ppp

but although it says it is connected, no traffic can pass either way.  pppoe-status , says it can't find some pppoe or pppd PID file in  /var/run

I'm currently running 0.7.1.  The provider is Aliant and the modem is a speadstream.  is there a walkthrough anyone can point out?  Really any help would be nice.  I would like to convert all three of my boxes to arch, but until I settle this problem my ubuntu box is the only one which can access the internet.

thanks,
ryan

#2 2006-02-17 07:17:24

aquila_deus
Website

Re: New ADSL give me and Royal Rp-pppoe pain in the rump

rdking wrote:

OK, so I cut my cable tv and lost my good deal on cable internet, and went with my phone company (Aliant) for new internet service.  It's ADSL, which I was able to get working on an older ubuntu computer, but no go so far here.  In fact I can't even get a windows partition to recognize and set it up with the install CD...but that is another kettle of worms. 

I followed the wiki below:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ppp … p_with_ppp

but although it says it is connected, no traffic can pass either way.  pppoe-status , says it can't find some pppoe or pppd PID file in  /var/run

I'm currently running 0.7.1.  The provider is Aliant and the modem is a speadstream.  is there a walkthrough anyone can point out?  Really any help would be nice.  I would like to convert all three of my boxes to arch, but until I settle this problem my ubuntu box is the only one which can access the internet.

thanks,
ryan

Hi! What about configure your modem to connect directly? Usually there is a web interface in modem (gateway) for that.

Board footer