You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-08 17:04:54

colinkeenan
Website

[Solved] You are not allowed to overwrite the gvfs-no-bluray package.

Why can't I update my AUR package gvfs-no-bluray?

First I just updated the version number and pkgsums and used makepkg --source. It complained that I needed to use mkaurball, so I installed pkgbuild-introspection and did mkaurball -f.

But, now when I try to upload the source, it says:
You are not allowed to overwrite the gvfs-no-bluray package.

I tried changing the release from 1 to 2 and also tried logging out and back in, but it always gives the same error. How can I update this package?

Last edited by colinkeenan (2014-07-08 19:01:03)

#2 2014-07-08 17:36:30

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] You are not allowed to overwrite the gvfs-no-bluray package.

Moved to AUR issues subforum.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2014-07-08 17:49:44

Scimmia
Fellow

Post your PKGBUILD.

Edit: I just took a look at the current one, the pkgbase is what's causing a problem. There is only one package, so the new version of the AUR set the pkgbase to gvfs-no-bluray. You're basically trying to overwrite a package with an entirely new one (pkgbase=gvfs) instead of updating the current one (pkgbase set to gvfs-no-bluray).

Last edited by Scimmia (2014-07-08 17:54:32)

#4 2014-07-08 18:50:59

colinkeenan
Website

Scimmia wrote:

Post your PKGBUILD.

Edit: I just took a look at the current one, the pkgbase is what's causing a problem. There is only one package, so the new version of the AUR set the pkgbase to gvfs-no-bluray. You're basically trying to overwrite a package with an entirely new one (pkgbase=gvfs) instead of updating the current one (pkgbase set to gvfs-no-bluray).

Thanks Scimmia. I changed the pkgbase to gvfs-no-bluray and pkgname to $pkgbase. Then I got rid of the $pkgbase variable in the rest of the PKGBUILD, just simply putting in gvfs instead. It worked: I was able to update gvfs-no-bluray and now Xfce recognizes usb devices again.

I don't see the logic in AUR automatically assigning a $pkgbase, ignoring what's in the PKGBUILD though.

Board footer