You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-19 19:07:24

phunni

Need help repairing my install

I performed a recent upgrade via

pacman -Syu

And my laptop then failed to reboot as I hadn't upgraded the kernel (I'd forgotten that I'd set kernel26 as an ignore so as to not screw up my wireless modules).

Didn't think it was going to be a problem though.  I downloaded the latest CD image and booted into it.  chrooted into my system with the intention of using pacman -U to upgrade using the kernel package o nthe CD.  Only I can;t find the package on the CD when I'm booted into it.

So then I copy the package onto my USB external drive and boot in with the intention of mounting that and installing the new kernel package from there.  Only

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mntusb

doesn't work (I create /mnt/usb every time) - it tells me that there's no such device.  I checked dmesg and it says that it's there and loaded at /dev/sda1

All the appropriate modules have been loaded as far as I can see.  Can anyone help me figure out how to upgrade my kernel?

#2 2006-02-20 04:20:18

ihavenoname

Re: Need help repairing my install

umm...do u think it would be easier to boot with a live cd(Knoppix..etc)? then copy the kernel package into the hard drive and chroot and pacman -U ....i dunno thats what i would do...no gurranatee it will work thou...

In this land of the pain the sane lose not knowing they were part of the game.

~LP

Board footer