You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-19 10:19:09

basica

Should I be concerned that intel_pstate freezes my laptop on boot?

I just got a laptop and decided to install Arch on it, which has taken a bit more effort on the configuration side of things than on my PC but it's been a learning experience nevertheless smile Anyways, after some troubleshooting I tried turning off my CPU scaling through the BIOS and it finally loaded but was slow as hell. After some more research I added intel_pstate=disable in my grub boot parameters and everything works fine and it's no longer slow.

I guess my question is, should my CPU (an Intel N3530) be able to support this module but something is seriously wrong, or it can support it but it doesn't matter or lastly it doesn't support it so don't worry about it? From what I've read, it seems that since it's a fairly recent CPU it should support it, but if it doesn't or if it's not a major problem to use acpi-cpufreq then I'll live with it. Since Ubuntu 14.04 also uses acp-cpufreq - I'm inclined to think it's not a big deal, but would like to get some confirmation if possible. Thanks! smile

Board footer