You are not logged in.

#451 2014-07-21 10:15:29

Spyhawk

Re: pacaur - an AUR helper that minimizes user interaction

krabat wrote:

As I understand it, both the configuration files in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and $XDG_CONFIG_HOME are handled by the shell's built-in 'source' command. Thus no problems affecting the one in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME have to be expected if /home resides on a dedicated partition mounted 'noexec'.
Is this correct?

I've never tested this so I am not certain about this. The config file in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS will be used if there are no user config in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME. In case the existing user config exist but cannot be sourced, I believe the global config should take precedence used.

krabat wrote:

If packages rely on VCS code and the corresponding client isn't installed yet, building will fail even if the client is stated as makedep as the packages from the repos are only installed after pacaur tries to fetch the VCS code:

Good catch, this is a pacaur bug. I'm however not sure yet how to fix it. I feel it is better that pacaur doesn't install all dependencies and makedeps before checking the version (and thus the need to update the package or not), so I guess I'll have to add an explicit requirement check for git, svn, etc. packages.

krabat wrote:

If pacaur is invoked as 'LANG=<locale != default locale> pacaur [...]' the output sometimes does switch to the default locale. This may prevent packages from being installed, apparently due to the question to do so being asked in the default locale's language but answered in the one corresponding to LANG.

You are correct here. I'm aware of this issue, but it appears only when passing the "LANG" parameter. For some reason, pacman/makepkg subprocesses don't take it into account and the build might fails. However, the behavior is correct for people using a localized system. Also, if I remember correctly I did look into this issue, but forcing the LANG parameters everywhere had some other unwanted effects so I deemed this issue isn't worth fixing. I think passing "LANG" is mainly useful to translators for testing purpose, but normal users won't ever use it.

krabat wrote:

If clean is set to false and 'pacaur -S some-aur-package' is invoked after 'pacaur -Sw some-aur-package' had been run before, the whole building and packaging procedure starts over, even if the package remained unchanged.

Yes, packages are built again since "makepkg -f" is used by default. Already built packages will however be checked first if the PKGDEST variable is set in makepkg.conf, much like pacman does it with cached packages.

krabat wrote:

When building packages from VCS code there's a suffix foo-latest:
As there are no real packages called like so but rather all packages get installed without the suffix I wonder about its meaning and whether it's intentional in the first place.

This is intentional. The VCS package version that can be read from the AUR doesn't reflect the true version of the installed package most of the time (ie, the PKGBUILD of VCS packages is uploaded a single time only), so I replaced the non sense version with "latest". In case the VCS version is incremented by the maintainer, pacaur will correctly treat it like a standard newer update.

krabat wrote:

The meaning of those messages

:: git is a new orphan package

isn't obvious to me either. I guess they are meant to express that those packages were installed as makedeps and are as such no longer required by other packages. If so I for one found this pretty misleading as "orphaned" is used to describe AUR packages which haven't got a maintainer any more.

This is "orphan" in the pacman sense, not in the AUR maintainer sense (see man pacman). Unfortunately, the Arch community uses a single term for both situations, but pacaur obviously uses it in a similar way as pacman itself.

Thx for your extensive comment. Any additional suggestion about any of the above point is welcome!

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-07-21 10:48:35)

#452 2014-07-21 10:28:13

Spyhawk

LadFromWales wrote:

Since nvidia-full-beta was split into

pkgname=('nvidia-full-beta' 'nvidia-utils-full-beta' 'nvidia-libgl-full-beta' 'opencl-nvidia-full-beta')

Setting

_lib32=1

within the PKGBUILD does not result in the lib32 packages being created.

Building with makepkg poses no such problem.

Something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

This is an upstream issue, so you'll have to report this to the current maintainer. The AUR shows only the 4 main packages and so does the RPC interface, so even if you install the package manually with makepkg pacaur won't be able to update those packages automatically as they don't exist in the AUR interface.

I'd say the saner way to handle this would be to maintain 2 separate PKGBUILDs in the AUR, but I don't know if the maintainer would agree to do this. Another option would be to enable all subpackages by default, and use "makepkg --pkg pkg1,pkg2" to install only the one the user needs. Pacaur actually handles split packages this way, but other helpers don't support this feature (ie, yaourt installs correctly all subpackages, but doesn't handle installation of individual supackages at all).

#453 2014-08-08 11:30:12

krabat

Spyhawk wrote:
krabat wrote:

... configuration file ... $XDG_CONFIG_HOME ... dedicated partition mounted 'noexec' ...

... never tested ... not certain ...

No problem. I'll just go on using it that way and eventually report if something goes wrong.

Spyhawk wrote:
krabat wrote:

... 'LANG=<locale != default locale> ... switch to the default locale ... prevent packages from being installed ...

... correct ... aware ... subprocesses don't take it into account ... forcing ... unwanted effects ... "LANG" is mainly useful to translators ...

Well, strictly speaking I'd disagree with the latter. Generating English (error) messages on systems with different locales seems another main reason to set LANG to me (that's how I stumbled upon this issue). But as for pacuar this rather affects bug tracing. And anyone who's remotely serious about this will have a system that can be switched to default locale C or something quickly and without issues.
So all in all definitely all right to leave it as it is imho, particularly if a solution would be cumbersome to find.

Spyhawk wrote:
krabat wrote:

... clean set to false ... 'pacaur -S some-aur-package' ... after 'pacaur -Sw some-aur-package' ... whole building and packaging procedure starts over ...

... "makepkg -f" ... default ... checked first if the PKGDEST ... is set ...

I see. Interesting. I wasn't aware of the latter mitigating this problem so easily.

Spyhawk wrote:
krabat wrote:

... packages from VCS code ... suffix foo-latest ... meaning and whether it's intentional ...

... intentional ... VCS package version ... doesn't reflect the true version ... most of the time ...

Your explanation makes perfect sense. Especially taking into account that the suffix is used before pacaur fetches VCS code only but replaced by the actual version when the package gets installed, which I had missed so far.
There's one more thing I stumbled upon. Let's assume clean in pacaur's config is set to false, PKGDEST in makepkg.conf is set and foo-git is an AUR package that's already installed, relying on VCS code that hasn't changed since the package was built. If pacaur -S foo-git is run in these circumstances, it will check for new code and quit at once when it saw that nothing new is available. But it won't re-install the built package that's still available thanks to clean=false. This is inconsistent with pacman's way to handle packages from the regular repositories, which pacaur follows regarding AUR packages relying on regular releases, too.
Aside from this, this was my first time to have a closer look into that AUR vs. VCS thing which made me wonder whether the common practice to assign versions to AUR packages using VCS code makes sense at all. But that's another topic...

Spyhawk wrote:
krabat wrote:

... messages ... orphan package

... "orphan" ... pacman sense ... AUR maintainer sense ... man pacman ... Unfortunately ...

I wasn't aware of this double meaning. But looking through the web quickly showed that the use of this term doesn't seem to be consistent in other places, too. So well...

Spyhawk wrote:

Thx for your extensive comment. Any additional suggestion about any of the above point is welcome!

It's me who has to thank for this extremely helpful software. It was my first choice when I started looking for a more convenient way to handle AUR packages than the manual one about two years ago and I never felt the need to look for alternatives ever since then.

#454 2014-08-08 19:59:39

Spyhawk

krabat wrote:

Well, strictly speaking I'd disagree with the latter. Generating English (error) messages on systems with different locales seems another main reason to set LANG to me (that's how I stumbled upon this issue). But as for pacuar this rather affects bug tracing. And anyone who's remotely serious about this will have a system that can be switched to default locale C or something quickly and without issues.
So all in all definitely all right to leave it as it is imho, particularly if a solution would be cumbersome to find.

Note that I'm still accepting any working patch. Since translation is the only feature of pacaur that I don't use myself, translation support is provided more as a service to the community, but I believe I spent enough time on this particular, non critical issue.

krabat wrote:

There's one more thing I stumbled upon. Let's assume clean in pacaur's config is set to false, PKGDEST in makepkg.conf is set and foo-git is an AUR package that's already installed, relying on VCS code that hasn't changed since the package was built. If pacaur -S foo-git is run in these circumstances, it will check for new code and quit at once when it saw that nothing new is available. But it won't re-install the built package that's still available thanks to clean=false. This is inconsistent with pacman's way to handle packages from the regular repositories, which pacaur follows regarding AUR packages relying on regular releases, too.

You are right here, and I actually never realized this happened with VCS packages. This is now fixed in the master branch (pacaur-git). Although the behavior stays the same when upgrading (-Su), the VCS package is now reinstalled when using -S with the cache being checked first. If the --needed flag is explicitly given, the package reinstall will be skipped as expected. Feedback welcome here.

Edit: 4.2.9 now released!

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-08-09 16:41:37)

#455 2014-08-15 22:17:39

recycled

Hi

I tried pacaur and so far I like it but I have a question:

Why doesn't it give us the ability to read the 'install' file but only the PKGBUILD? (It could be wise to review the install file to before installing anything from AUR, isn't it?)

Anyway, thanks for your work!

#456 2014-08-15 22:23:59

Spyhawk

recycled wrote:

Why doesn't it give us the ability to read the 'install' file but only the PKGBUILD? (It could be wise to review the install file to before installing anything from AUR, isn't it?)

Pacaur allows review of .install scripts, unless the option "editinstall" is explicitly disabled in the config file.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-08-15 22:24:51)

#457 2014-08-15 22:53:52

recycled

Spyhawk wrote:
recycled wrote:

Pacaur allows review of .install scripts, unless the option "editinstall" is explicitly disabled in the config file.

Ok, great.

Seems like the AUR I was experimenting with did name it "install" (and not ".install") that's why it was not shown, while spinach did show it.

Thanks for your quick answer!

#458 2014-08-15 23:02:08

Spyhawk

recycled wrote:

Seems like the AUR I was experimenting with did name it "install" (and not ".install") that's why it was not shown, while spinach did show it.

May I ask which is that AUR package? Usually, install scripts have an .install extension, and pacaur should correctly detect them as long as they follow this convention.

#459 2014-08-31 10:10:38

emorkay

Hi,

pacaur --aur -Syu

used to update my AUR packages only. But, of late, it is refreshing the official package databases too even with the '--aur' option. I would like pacaur handle AUR packages alone.

Thanks,

Last edited by emorkay (2014-08-31 10:13:23)

#460 2014-08-31 10:23:27

Spyhawk

emorkay wrote:

But, of late, it is refreshing the official package databases too even with the '--aur' option. I would like pacaur handle AUR packages alone.

This is the expected behavior. Either use "-Su --aur"" or the "aur only" commands set.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-08-31 10:28:46)

#461 2014-08-31 10:38:10

emorkay

Spyhawk wrote:
emorkay wrote:

But, of late, it is refreshing the official package databases too even with the '--aur' option. I would like pacaur handle AUR packages alone.

This is the expected behavior. Either use "-Su --aur"" or the "aur only" commands set.

Is the behaviour changed recently? I haven't updated my AUR packges in a while. So, I haven't noticed this behaviour until a few days ago.

#462 2014-08-31 10:42:08

Spyhawk

emorkay wrote:

Is the behaviour changed recently? I haven't updated my AUR packges in a while. So, I haven't noticed this behaviour until a few days ago.

Last time I fixed some command line parsing bugs, that was 3 months ago (in 4.2.0).

#463 2014-08-31 10:46:58

emorkay

Spyhawk wrote:
emorkay wrote:

Last time I fixed some command line parsing bugs, that was 3 months ago (in 4.2.0).

Okay.. I guess it's been more than 3 months since updated my AUR packages. I'll change my aliases to reflect the new behaviour.

Thank you for the nice tool.

#464 2014-09-02 21:06:51

ryzion

What do I have to do to get zsh completion to work? It works fine with bash though. Installed latest pacaur today (git version won't autocomplete as well)

E: zsh completion for aur Packages, the pacman wrapper works fine

Last edited by ryzion (2014-09-02 22:08:06)

#465 2014-09-03 07:55:35

Spyhawk

ryzion> The zsh completion file is entirely community contributed. I'm not using zsh myself, so patches are welcome. See GH issues #269 and #236.

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-09-04 09:41:18)

#466 2014-09-05 09:19:46

krabat

Regarding the issue when pacaur falls back to default locale I had really just wanted to point out that there may be other use cases to set the environment variable LANG than translating.
Again, I for one find it perfectly all right if you leave it as it is (but unfortunately can't fix this myself).

The inconsistency in reinstalling VCS packages vs. AUR packages from regular releases or binary packages from the repos seems indeed to be fixed in 4.2.9.
The said packages do get reinstalled now if -S is set but not if --needed is added.
Btw. they do not get reinstalled if -Sw is set either. This is the right thing to do, imo. Just mentioning as in the comments to # 259 you state packages do get reinstalled setting this switch.

Again, I'd like to add some things I noticed recently.

Unlike pacman with regards to regular repositories pacaur can't seem to handle packages only available via "Provides".
E. g. sbsigntool which doesn't exist as package but is stated in "Provides" of sbsigntool-git:

$ pacaur -S sbsigntool 
:: Package(s) sbsigntool not found in repositories, trying AUR...
:: resolving dependencies...
:: no results found for sbsigntool

Same thing trying to install efitools-git that depends on sbsigntool

$ pacaur -S efitools-git
:: Package(s) efitools-git not found in repositories, trying AUR...
:: no results found for sbsigntool

Both packages feature an .AURINFO file.
I have no clue whether something should be done about this. The main reason to mention this was a comment from efitools-git's current maintainer saying that most AUR helpers were able to detect this kind of dependency.

I had another look into that VCS client issue we've been discussing recently.
First, I'm not sure whether I understood the meaning of "VCS version check". As I understood it, the only reason pacaur downloads VCS code before installing the actual [make]deps is to figure out the version of recent VCS code in order to see whether further steps have to be taken. Am I right by considering this proceeding as the "VCS version check"?
On Jul 28 you added a comment about changes in makepkg.conf. Don't these changes mean that makepkg won't already stop if the package comprising the git client isn't installed yet but only if it isn't stated in [make]deps either?

I stumbled upon this pacman commit and was wondering whether it may cause problems as pacaur is already behaving like that right now.

Applying pacaur -S[w] in an xterm in a QEMU VM to AUR packages (regular releases, VCS), but not to packages from the Arch repos ends up in an error message

yes: standard output: Broken pipe
yes: write error

pacaur -S does install the packages in question, though. The message doesn't appear running pacaur in other terminal emulators (Xfce Terminal, QTerminal), in a virtual terminal on the very same VM, in an SSH session to the very same VM or in xterm running on my regular desktop system ("bare metal").
This isn't a real problem as it's easy to work around. But it's one of those issues which aren't just pretty odd but also trick users into wasting time. At least I for one didn't consider xterm as a culprit here for a while when I ran into this. So if you should happen to have an idea what's going on here...

Last but not least I'd like to ask two simple user's questions, besides these refer to AUR as a whole and aren't pacaur-specific:

When VCS packages are build, there's a directory in the one comprising PKBUILD, thus at the same level as subdirectories src and pkg, the name of which seems to correspond to variable _pkgname as set in PKGBUILD. Could you give me a hint on the purpose of that directory (all I could figure out is that it must be related to checking out the code as it gets created by running makepkg -o...)?

When I rebuild AUR packages frequently, which often happens for test purposes, I'd actually like to reuse source code once it was downloaded to save both time and bandwidth. As for regular releases it seems this can be achieved easily by creating the directory PKGBUILD will be in before running pacaur and placing the tar archive or whatever therein. But I couldn't get this to work if it comes to VCS code.
Any hints on how to achieve this?

#467 2014-09-05 10:38:20

progandy

Both packages feature an .AURINFO file.
I have no clue whether something should be done about this. The main reason to mention this was a comment from efitools-git's current maintainer saying that most AUR helpers were able to detect this kind of dependency.

The AUR helpers might be able to detect it, but the AUR does not provide an API to search for provider packages. You could/should request that feature.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#468 2014-09-05 13:05:26

Spyhawk

krabat wrote:

Regarding the issue when pacaur falls back to default locale I had really just wanted to point out that there may be other use cases to set the environment variable LANG than translating.
Again, I for one find it perfectly all right if you leave it as it is (but unfortunately can't fix this myself).

I understand that. I just don't know about any other potential use of it outside of translation, so I consider these not to exist smile
Again, I'd prefer to fix this issue too, I've just been unsuccessful in trying to do so and consider I've spend enough time on this very non critical issue.

krabat wrote:

The inconsistency in reinstalling VCS packages vs. AUR packages from regular releases or binary packages from the repos seems indeed to be fixed in 4.2.9.
The said packages do get reinstalled now if -S is set but not if --needed is added.
Btw. they do not get reinstalled if -Sw is set either. This is the right thing to do, imo. Just mentioning as in the comments to # 259 you state packages do get reinstalled setting this switch.

My mistake here. The last part of that sentence obviously applies only to -S, since you certainly don't want to reinstall a package that isn't installed yet, and that you don't want to install either.

krabat wrote:

Unlike pacman with regards to regular repositories pacaur can't seem to handle packages only available via "Provides".

This is a known issue. As progandy stated, the AUR API doesn't provide a way to find which packages are actually providing a specific package. There have been some discussion on the AUR mailing list, and this feature might be available in the future. Also, to the best of my knowledge none of the existing AUR helpers actually handle this situation, because of that very AUR API issue. So I completely disagree with the maintainer of efitools-git here. The only way to make it work in a practical manner is actually to install the dependency manually.

krabat wrote:

I had another look into that VCS client issue we've been discussing recently.
First, I'm not sure whether I understood the meaning of "VCS version check". As I understood it, the only reason pacaur downloads VCS code before installing the actual [make]deps is to figure out the version of recent VCS code in order to see whether further steps have to be taken. Am I right by considering this proceeding as the "VCS version check"?

You're correct.

krabat wrote:

On Jul 28 you added a comment about changes in makepkg.conf. Don't these changes mean that makepkg won't already stop if the package comprising the git client isn't installed yet but only if it isn't stated in [make]deps either?

Right, I actually hadn't checked the patch in details. I guess I'll make good use of this new VCSCLIENTS field to install the vcs client if it isn't installed yet.

krabat wrote:

I stumbled upon this pacman commit and was wondering whether it may cause problems as pacaur is already behaving like that right now.

No, because pacaur uses "pacman -Quq" to reconstruct the complete -Qu screen with additional information. That's the untouched part of the if (!quiet)... else condition here. However, it does duplicate a bit what pacaur is doing right now, and I might be able to use "pacman -Qu" directly instead of relaying on additional expac calls. So no problem but potential speed improvement in sight.

krabat wrote:

Applying pacaur -S[w] in an xterm in a QEMU VM to AUR packages (regular releases, VCS), but not to packages from the Arch repos ends up in an error message

yes: standard output: Broken pipe
yes: write error

[...]So if you should happen to have an idea what's going on here...

No, I have really no idea what's going on here.

krabat wrote:

When VCS packages are build, there's a directory in the one comprising PKBUILD, thus at the same level as subdirectories src and pkg, the name of which seems to correspond to variable _pkgname as set in PKGBUILD. Could you give me a hint on the purpose of that directory (all I could figure out is that it must be related to checking out the code as it gets created by running makepkg -o...)?

The _pkgname corresponds to the name of the git repository, which isn't necessarily the same as the package name. To be honest, it's more a remain of the technique used prior of pacman 4.1 (or was it 4.0)? that introduced a better way to handle VCS packages, but you can still commonly found it in PKGBUILDs.

krabat wrote:

When I rebuild AUR packages frequently, which often happens for test purposes, I'd actually like to reuse source code once it was downloaded to save both time and bandwidth. As for regular releases it seems this can be achieved easily by creating the directory PKGBUILD will be in before running pacaur and placing the tar archive or whatever therein. But I couldn't get this to work if it comes to VCS code.
Any hints on how to achieve this?

Have a look at the $SRCDEST variable of makepkg.conf.

Edit: some typo fixes

Last edited by Spyhawk (2014-09-05 13:31:08)

#469 2014-09-20 10:07:54

LAUAR

Hello, it may be disscussed before, but can pacaur use powerpill for makedepends and depends?

#470 2014-09-20 10:18:10

Spyhawk

Yes. Simply define the $PACMAN environment variable as 'powerpill'.

#471 2014-12-31 13:57:08

fettouhi

I just switched from aurget to pacaur because apper has moved to AUR and I saw that  octopi was available. But pacaur is getting me headaches. I won't let me install anything from AUR. If I want to install desura for example

[af@andre ~]$ pacaur -y desura
:: no AUR metadata for desura package
:: no AUR metadata for libjpeg6 package
:: looking for inter-conflicts...
:: desura-1-19 has been flagged out of date on 2014-12-30
:: libjpeg6-6b1-2 has been flagged out of date on 2014-06-18

AUR Packages  (2): desura-1-19  libjpeg6-6b1-2 

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
[af@andre ~]$

it just ends the installation after pressing yes. Am I missing something?

#472 2014-12-31 14:22:35

Spyhawk

@fettouhi> Works for me. Are you sure you've updated to latest pacman, expac, pacaur and rebuilt cower?
If yes, then post a debug output (see instruction on the wiki page).

#473 2014-12-31 14:31:46

fettouhi

Spyhawk wrote:

@fettouhi> Works for me. Are you sure you've updated to latest pacman, expac, pacaur and rebuilt cower?
If yes, then post a debug output (see instruction on the wiki page).

Yes, but here is the output:

[af@andre ~]$ bash -x pacaur -y desura
+ version=4.2.15
+ LC_COLLATE=C
+ TEXTDOMAIN=pacaur
+ TEXTDOMAINDIR=/usr/share/locale
+ source /etc/makepkg.conf
++ DLAGENTS=('ftp::/usr/bin/curl -fC - --ftp-pasv --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 -o %o %u' 'http::/usr/bin/curl -fLC - --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 -o %o %u' 'https::/usr/bin/curl -fLC - --retry 3 --retry-delay 3 -o %o %u' 'rsync::/usr/bin/rsync --no-motd -z %u %o' 'scp::/usr/bin/scp -C %u %o')
++ VCSCLIENTS=('bzr::bzr' 'git::git' 'hg::mercurial' 'svn::subversion')
++ CARCH=x86_64
++ CHOST=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
++ CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
++ CFLAGS='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
++ CXXFLAGS='-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4'
++ LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro
++ MAKEFLAGS=-j9
++ DEBUG_CFLAGS='-g -fvar-tracking-assignments'
++ DEBUG_CXXFLAGS='-g -fvar-tracking-assignments'
++ BUILDENV=(!distcc color !ccache check !sign)
++ OPTIONS=(strip docs !libtool !staticlibs emptydirs zipman purge !upx !debug)
++ INTEGRITY_CHECK=(md5)
++ STRIP_BINARIES=--strip-all
++ STRIP_SHARED=--strip-unneeded
++ STRIP_STATIC=--strip-debug
++ MAN_DIRS=({usr{,/local}{,/share},opt/*}/{man,info})
++ DOC_DIRS=(usr/{,local/}{,share/}{doc,gtk-doc} opt/*/{doc,gtk-doc})
++ PURGE_TARGETS=(usr/{,share}/info/dir .packlist *.pod)
++ COMPRESSGZ=(gzip -c -f -n)
++ COMPRESSBZ2=(bzip2 -c -f)
++ COMPRESSXZ=(xz -c -z -)
++ COMPRESSLRZ=(lrzip -q)
++ COMPRESSLZO=(lzop -q)
++ COMPRESSZ=(compress -c -f)
++ PKGEXT=.pkg.tar.xz
++ SRCEXT=.src.tar.gz
+ [[ -r /home/af/.makepkg.conf ]]
+ tmpdir=/tmp/pacaurtmp-af
+ builddir=/tmp/pacaurtmp-af
+ editor=vi
+ editpkgbuild=true
+ editinstall=true
+ fallback=true
+ clean=true
+ cleandevel=true
+ sortbyvotes=true
+ sudoloop=false
+ pacmanbin=pacman
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ configdir=/etc/xdg/pacaur
+ userconfigdir=/home/af/.config/pacaur
+ source /etc/xdg/pacaur/config
+ [[ -r /home/af/.config/pacaur/config ]]
+ [[ -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-af ]]
+ [[ ! -w /tmp/pacaurtmp-af ]]
+ [[ ! -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-af ]]
+ [[ ! -d /tmp/pacaurtmp-af ]]
+ trap ctrlc INT
+ args=("$@")
+ for i in '"${args[@]}"'
+ [[ -y =~ ^-[a-zA-Z0-9] ]]
+ opts+=("$i")
+ for i in '"${args[@]}"'
+ [[ desura =~ ^-[a-zA-Z0-9] ]]
+ count=0
+ [[ -n -y ]]
+ getopts sidmykufecqrahvVDQRSTUbglnoptw-: OPT
+ pacmanarg+=("-$OPT")
+ case "$OPT" in
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ operation=sync
+ installpkg=true
+ coweropts+=("-f")
+ aur=1
+ getopts sidmykufecqrahvVDQRSTUbglnoptw-: OPT
+ [[ -z desura ]]
+ pkgs+=("${!OPTIND}")
+ shift 2
+ OPTIND=1
+ [[ -n '' ]]
++ grep '^Color' /etc/pacman.conf
+ [[ -n '' ]]
++ grep '^Color' /etc/pacman.conf
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ [[ '' = \a\l\w\a\y\s ]]
+ [[ '' = \a\u\t\o ]]
+ [[ '' != \a\l\w\a\y\s ]]
+ [[ '' != \a\u\t\o ]]
+ makeopts+=("--nocolor")
+ pacmanarg=(${pacmanarg[@]/--/})
+ pacmanarg=(${pacmanarg[@]/-r/})
+ pacmanarg=(${pacmanarg[@]/-a/})
+ [[ sync = sync ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n true ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n vi ]]
+ [[ ! -w /tmp/pacaurtmp-af ]]
+ [[ -z desura ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ case $operation in
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -z desura ]]
+ ClassifyPkgs desura
+ [[ true = true ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n 1 ]]
+ aurpkgs=("${pkgs[@]}")
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ ! -n 1 ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n desura ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ true = true ]]
+ [[ ! -n 1 ]]
+ Core desura
+ getignoredpkgs
+ ignoredpkgs+=($(grep '^IgnorePkg' '/etc/pacman.conf' | cut -d '=' -f 2- | tr -d "'\""))
++ grep '^IgnorePkg' /etc/pacman.conf
++ cut -d = -f 2-
++ tr -d ''\''"'
+ [[ -e /home/af/.config/cower/config ]]
+ ignoredpkgs=(${ignoredpkgs[@]//,/ })
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ IgnoreChecks
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ return
+ DepsSolver
+ note i 'resolving dependencies...'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: resolving dependencies...'
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<1 ))
++ awk -F '>|<|=' '{print $1}'
+ aurpkgs[$i]=desura
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<1 ))
+ deps+=("${aurpkgs[@]}")
+ FindDepsAur desura
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ depspkgsaur=("${aurpkgs[@]}")
+ downloadjson desura
+ aururl='https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=multiinfo&v=3'
+ urlencodedpkgs=($(sed 's/+/%2b/g' <<< $@ | sed 's/@/%40/g'))
++ sed s/+/%2b/g
++ sed s/@/%40/g
++ printf '&arg[]=%s' desura
+ urlargs='&arg[]=desura'
+ [[ 13 -lt 8125 ]]
+ curl -sfg --compressed -C 0 'https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=multiinfo&v=3&arg[]=desura' -o /tmp/pacaurtmp-af/rpc.json
+ errdeps+=($(LC_COLLATE=C comm -3 <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< $(getjsonvar "Name") | sort -u) <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${depspkgsaur[@]} | sort -u)))
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ comm -3 /dev/fd/63 /dev/fd/62
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ sort -u
+++ sort -u
++++ getjsonvar Name
++++ json_reformat
++++ tr -d '", '
++++ grep -Po 'Name:.*'
++++ awk -F '#' '{print $2}'
++++ sed -r s/Name:/Name#/g
+ depspkgs=($(getjsonarray "Depends"))
++ getjsonarray Depends
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"Depends"/,/]/!d'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
++ tr -d '\n'
++ tr -d '[]"'
++ awk -F : '{print $2}'
+ depspkgs+=($(getjsonarray "MakeDepends"))
++ getjsonarray MakeDepends
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"MakeDepends"/,/]/!d'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ tr -d '\n'
++ tr -d '[]"'
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
+ depspkgs=($($pacmanbin -T "${depspkgs[@]}" | sort -u))
++ sort -u
++ pacman -T lsb-release orbit2 gtk2 libjpeg6 libpng12 libx11 libxpm libxcb libxau libxdmcp desktop-file-utils xdg-utils
+ unset depspkgsaur
+ [[ -n libjpeg6 ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ depspkgsaur=($($pacmanbin -Sp "${depspkgs[@]}" 2>&1 >/dev/null | awk -F " " '{print $NF}'))
++ pacman -Sp libjpeg6
++ awk -F ' ' '{print $NF}'
+ repodeps+=($(LC_COLLATE=C comm -23 <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${depspkgs[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u)  <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${depspkgsaur[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u)))
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ comm -23 /dev/fd/63 /dev/fd/62
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ sort -u
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ sort -u
+ unset depspkgs
+ [[ -n libjpeg6 ]]
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<1 ))
+ depspkgsaur[$i]=libjpeg6
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<1 ))
+ depspkgsaur=($(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${depspkgsaur[@]} | sort -u))
++ tr ' ' '\n'
++ sort -u
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<1 ))
+ [[  desura  =~  libjpeg6  ]]
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<1 ))
+ [[ -n libjpeg6 ]]
+ aurdepspkgs+=("${depspkgsaur[@]}")
+ deps+=("${depspkgsaur[@]}")
+ FindDepsAur libjpeg6
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -z libjpeg6 ]]
+ downloadjson libjpeg6
++ sed s/+/%2b/g
++ sed s/@/%40/g
++ printf '&arg[]=%s' libjpeg6
+ urlargs='&arg[]=libjpeg6'
+ [[ 15 -lt 8125 ]]
+ curl -sfg --compressed -C 0 'https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=multiinfo&v=3&arg[]=libjpeg6' -o /tmp/pacaurtmp-af/rpc.json
+ errdeps+=($(LC_COLLATE=C comm -3 <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< $(getjsonvar "Name") | sort -u) <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${depspkgsaur[@]} | sort -u)))
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ comm -3 /dev/fd/63 /dev/fd/62
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ sort -u
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ sort -u
++++ getjsonvar Name
++++ json_reformat
++++ tr -d '", '
++++ grep -Po 'Name:.*'
++++ sed -r s/Name:/Name#/g
++++ awk -F '#' '{print $2}'
+ depspkgs=($(getjsonarray "Depends"))
++ getjsonarray Depends
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"Depends"/,/]/!d'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr -d '[]"'
++ tr -d '\n'
+ depspkgs+=($(getjsonarray "MakeDepends"))
++ getjsonarray MakeDepends
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"MakeDepends"/,/]/!d'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
++ tr -d '[]"'
++ tr -d '\n'
+ depspkgs=($($pacmanbin -T "${depspkgs[@]}" | sort -u))
++ pacman -T glibc
++ sort -u
+ unset depspkgsaur
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ unset depspkgs
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ downloadjson desura libjpeg6
++ sed s/+/%2b/g
++ sed s/@/%40/g
++ printf '&arg[]=%s' desura libjpeg6
+ urlargs='&arg[]=desura&arg[]=libjpeg6'
+ [[ 28 -lt 8125 ]]
+ curl -sfg --compressed -C 0 'https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc.php?type=multiinfo&v=3&arg[]=desura&arg[]=libjpeg6' -o /tmp/pacaurtmp-af/rpc.json
+ depsAname=($(getjsonvar "Name"))
++ getjsonvar Name
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d '", '
++ grep -Po 'Name:.*'
++ sed -r s/Name:/Name#/g
++ awk -F '#' '{print $2}'
+ depsAver=($(getjsonvar "Version"))
++ getjsonvar Version
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d '", '
++ grep -Po 'Version:.*'
++ sed -r s/Version:/Version#/g
+ depsAood=($(getjsonvar "OutOfDate"))
++ getjsonvar OutOfDate
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d '", '
++ grep -Po 'OutOfDate:.*'
++ sed -r s/OutOfDate:/OutOfDate#/g
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
++ expac -Qs %v '^desura$'
+ depsQver[$i]=
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ depsQver[$i]='#'
++ grep -E '\-(cvs|svn|git|hg|bzr|darcs|nightly.*)$'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
++ expac -Qs %v '^libjpeg6$'
+ depsQver[$i]=
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ depsQver[$i]='#'
++ grep -E '\-(cvs|svn|git|hg|bzr|darcs|nightly.*)$'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ depsAlastmodified=($(getjsonvar "LastModified"))
++ getjsonvar LastModified
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d '", '
++ grep -Po 'LastModified:.*'
++ sed -r s/LastModified:/LastModified#/g
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ 1380356769 -lt 1401215749 ]]
+ note f 'no AUR metadata for desura package'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: no AUR metadata for desura package'
:: no AUR metadata for desura package
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ 1333531530 -lt 1401215749 ]]
+ note f 'no AUR metadata for libjpeg6 package'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: no AUR metadata for libjpeg6 package'
:: no AUR metadata for libjpeg6 package
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ errdeps=($(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${errdeps[@]} | sort -u))
++ tr ' ' '\n'
++ sort -u
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ FindDepsRepo
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ return
+ IgnoreDepsChecks
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ return
+ ProviderChecks
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ return
+ ConflictChecks
+ note i 'looking for inter-conflicts...'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: looking for inter-conflicts...'
:: looking for inter-conflicts...
+ allQprovides=($(expac -Q '%n'))
++ expac -Q %n
+ allQprovides+=($(expac -Q '%S'))
++ expac -Q %S
+ allQconflicts=($(expac -Q '%C'))
++ expac -Q %C
+ Aprovides=(${depsAname[@]})
+ Aprovides+=($(getjsonarray "Provides"))
++ getjsonarray Provides
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"Provides"/,/]/!d'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
++ tr -d '\n'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr -d '[]"'
+ Aconflicts=($(getjsonarray "Conflicts"))
++ getjsonarray Conflicts
++ json_reformat
++ tr -d ', '
++ sed -e '/^"Conflicts"/,/]/!d'
++ tr -d '\"'
++ tr '\n' ' '
++ tr -d '[]"'
++ sed 's/] /]\n/g'
++ tr -d '\n'
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ Aprovides[$i]=desura
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ Aprovides[$i]=libjpeg6
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<0 ))
+ aurconflicts+=($(LC_COLLATE=C comm -12 <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${Aprovides[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u) <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${allQconflicts[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u)))
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ comm -12 /dev/fd/63 /dev/fd/62
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ sort -u
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ sort -u
+ aurconflicts+=($(LC_COLLATE=C comm -12 <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${Aconflicts[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u) <(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${allQprovides[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u)))
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ comm -12 /dev/fd/63 /dev/fd/62
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ tr ' ' '\n'
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ sort -u
+++ LC_COLLATE=C
+++ sort -u
+ aurconflicts=($(tr ' ' '\n' <<< ${aurconflicts[@]} | LC_COLLATE=C sort -u))
++ tr ' ' '\n'
++ LC_COLLATE=C
++ sort -u
+ nothingtodo desura libjpeg6
+ [[ -z desura libjpeg6 ]]
+ return 0
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ ReinstallChecks
+ depsAtmp=(${depsAname[@]})
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ !  desura  =~  desura  ]]
+ [[    =~  desura  ]]
+ [[ -z # ]]
+ [[ # = \# ]]
+ continue
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ !  desura  =~  libjpeg6  ]]
+ continue
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ nothingtodo desura libjpeg6
+ [[ -z desura libjpeg6 ]]
+ return 0
+ OutofdateChecks
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ 1419971371 -gt 0 ]]
++ date -d @1419971371 +%Y-%m-%d
+ note w 'desura-1-19 has been flagged out of date on 2014-12-30'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: desura-1-19 has been flagged out of date on 2014-12-30'
:: desura-1-19 has been flagged out of date on 2014-12-30
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ 1403126879 -gt 0 ]]
++ date -d @1403126879 +%Y-%m-%d
+ note w 'libjpeg6-6b1-2 has been flagged out of date on 2014-06-18'
+ case "$1" in
+ echo -e ':: libjpeg6-6b1-2 has been flagged out of date on 2014-06-18'
:: libjpeg6-6b1-2 has been flagged out of date on 2014-06-18
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ Prompt
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ break
++ grep '^VerbosePkgLists' /etc/pacman.conf
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ depsver='desura-1-19  '
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ depsver='desura-1-19  libjpeg6-6b1-2  '
+ (( i++ ))
+ (( i<2 ))
+ (( i=0 ))
+ (( i<0 ))
+ printf '\n%-17s %s\n' 'AUR Packages  (2):' 'desura-1-19  libjpeg6-6b1-2  '

AUR Packages  (2): desura-1-19  libjpeg6-6b1-2  
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo

+ [[ ! -n '' ]]
+ [[ -n true ]]
+ action=installation
+ proceed y 'Proceed with installation?'
++ gettext pacman Y
+ Y=J
++ tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'
+ y=j
++ gettext pacman N
+ N=N
++ tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'
+ n=n
+ case "$1" in
+ printf '%s %s' :: 'Proceed with installation? [Y/n] '
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] + read -n 1 answer
Y+ echo

+ case $answer in
+ return 1
+ exit
[af@andre ~]$

#474 2014-12-31 14:43:07

fettouhi

I figured out the problem seems like because I run a different locale other than english , pacaur doesn accept y as an answer for yes. I have to press the letter for my locale (in my case danish) for it to run the makepkg and install the aur package. Very confusing.

Last edited by fettouhi (2014-12-31 14:43:21)

#475 2014-12-31 14:45:42

Spyhawk

fettouhi wrote:

I figured out the problem seems like because I run a different locale other than english , pacaur doesn accept y as an answer for yes. I have to press the letter for my locale (in my case danish) for it to run the makepkg and install the aur package. Very confusing.

I thought I fixed that issue a long time ago. Will have a look.

Board footer