You are not logged in.

#1 2002-11-16 02:38:41

mordantly
Website

extending our Arch support

i have recently discovered one can change their BIOS boot logo (the energy star or manufacturer graphic during POST) whit one of ur choice. now to do this, u need to have an award flash BIOS. So to the point: I plan on making some Arch logos to use as an alternate to further show our support fur this great distrobution. Are any of u fellow Archers interested?? if so, i will put a good write up and the tools needed along whit the choices of graphics up fur the taking. and fur the record, i have NOT done mine yet. but will tonight so i can than more accurately tell that it is safe. depending on the response, i can seek out and assemble a customized BIOS file whit the requested logo so all ull need to do is flash it in if ur unsure or dont want to take it on.

try to be a man and some day, you'll understand   -ccr
oh dont u worry.. ill be eating ur balls fur lunch tomorrow.   -Hugh "HughMan" Stahl
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '11]

#2 2002-11-21 08:19:40

ody
Website

Re: extending our Arch support

Id be interested, got 3boxs with award bios's to I can use for test boxs if needed.

#3 2002-11-21 12:02:57

Moritz

sounds great!

i've got the asus a7v333, it's pretty simple to switch the images!

please make the image simple... "more is less" big_smile

greetings,
moritz

#4 2002-11-22 00:17:00

mordantly
Website

ill get workin on it tonight. ive been a lil busy 'reajusting' at home and havent had my sys up. ody: i appreciate the offer. ill get back to u guys soon.

oh dont u worry.. ill be eating ur balls fur lunch tomorrow.   -Hugh "HughMan" Stahl

#5 2002-11-27 02:09:02

mordantly
Website

im sorry to keep everyone waiting yet again but i have still neglected to get down and dirty on the project. i know im lazy but what can i say?? i have been finding images to use as the logo and other things and still plan on making my own guide to follow along whit sorting out the utils needed. a friend just bought a digital camera so i can swap my logo and post a real graphic showing how sexy itll be.

#6 2003-01-07 06:15:35

mordantly
Website

this time im pleased to report im in the process of makin a quick guide and bundle of the utils needed to change the boot logo. all i need now is to borrow a digital camera to take some mug shots of my 'victims'.

#7 2003-01-14 14:55:51

dunbar

'Good code comes to those who wait'.
Soon enough, I'll ask about where and how, but maybe you will surprise me with answers before I ask the questions, eh?

Board footer