You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-04 02:30:45

flamusdiu

Lenovo Y50: SLiM + Hybrid Graphics

I have a fun issue. Running Arch Linux on a new Lenovo Y50, SLiM seems to always attempt to run on the Nvidia card not the Intel one. I've installed bumblebee and bbswitch for the hybrid graphics. bumblebee fails to unload the nvidia drivers (close source drivers) using rmmod and looking at lsof, seems that SLiM is trying to load it at the same time.

I figured this was a issue with the order of the system units so I modified the slim.service to make sure it loads after bumblebeed.service. This appears to work fine when watching the boot-up. However, if I perform a reboot without first logging in to the X Server, the nvidia kernel module is loaded by SLiM. if I instead, log into SLiM and load up XFCE4 then reboot -- it loads fine (usually).

I am not sure how to get SLiM to stop trying to load the nvidia kernel module because when that happens, I have to stop slim and restart bumblebeed which then starts SLiM fine.

#2 2014-08-09 13:29:29

flamusdiu

Re: Lenovo Y50: SLiM + Hybrid Graphics

Looks like the nouveau driver works better and SLiM works, but now I can't use the discrete video card. sad

Board footer