You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-18 04:52:54

senderbender

Asus q501la touchpad not working

Please help im new to arch after after i decided to move toit from ubuntu, but on my new laptop the touchpad does not work in ANY linux distro. When i tried to install ubuntu the touchpad also didn't work. So its most likey a kernel or xorg.
addition info:
-everytime i use it it messes up the mouse and its almost impossible to click anything or switch apps
-and whenevr this happens i have to log out and log back in
-here is xinput list
xinput list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Receiver                       id=9    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Receiver                       id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ PS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse                   id=15    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ ELAN Touchscreen                            id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                   id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                                id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam                        id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Asus WMI hotkeys                            id=13    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=14    [slave  keyboard (3)]
so as you can see it doesnt even reconize my touchpad
-i have the xorg synaptics driver installed but it doesn work at all
-ive tried a number of fixes like downgrading kernel and installing the eepad touchpad driver via the AUR but those both broke my system so i had to fix it via the live cd hmm
-also my bios is up to date which seems to also be a common issue with linux and asus laptops

#2 2014-08-18 05:27:10

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Asus q501la touchpad not working

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer