You are not logged in.

#26 2004-02-13 17:00:44

Shemeta

Re: how many partitions?

Hey thanks, gdm works now, so i will add it to the file.

but i have BIG problems with GNOME. it's so unstable & freezes a lot. here is an example.

i open nautilus, then i run from the terminal as su :
ifconfig eth0 up
dhcpcd eth0

& my inet is workig. but then when i run mozilla firefox, everything freezes. only the terminal is working.

or another case. if i start my inet & then log in into X, gnome freezes. it's so weird & frustrating. i want to make GNOME stable, so then i can install fluxbox & other things.

also i tried making my packages, but i can't make any from CVS. i get an message, file-xx.xx.xx.tar.bz not found or the url is not found too.

i was used to make my packages with checkinstall for Slackware & it was a retty good program. i thought pacman is something similar.

but i think that Arch is faster than Slack, at least for me, so i want to learn more anout it & make it work like i want to.

Thanks for your help guys , YOU ROCK!  big_smile

Regards Shemeta

#27 2004-02-13 17:13:18

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Does you network script start properly?  Is your loopback device started?  That's usually the reason behind problems with mozilla et al freezing.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#28 2004-02-13 17:16:03

Shemeta

i have no clue if it starts properly.  roll  is there a way i can find out?

Board footer