You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-04 03:10:42

TheAtomicGoose

rEFInd giving a mounting error on install

I've been trying to install rEFInd (I was using Gummiboot but stopped because of this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … #p1190788) and when I enter refind-install I keep coming up with "The ESP doesn't seem to be mounted! Trying to find it...// doesn't seem to be mounted on a vfat filesystem. The ESP must be mounted at //boot or //boot/efi and it must be vfat! Aborting!" I'm not coming up with anything with Google...It seems especially weird because a) the ESP is mounted at /boot and b) I've never seen a filepath with double slashes (e.g. //boot) before. Could anybody shed some light on this? Thanks!

#2 2014-07-04 03:13:10

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: rEFInd giving a mounting error on install

Not really an answer, more an observation: I'm not sure why you stopped using Gummiboot, it works great...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2014-07-04 10:10:26

TheAtomicGoose

Well when I googled the error I was getting using it, the.ridikulus.rat, as linked to in the original post, said that anyone who was getting it should use rEFInd with a specialized file that he posted.

#4 2014-07-04 16:01:45

srs5694
Website

The double slash is a harmless and very minor bug in the rEFInd install script; don't worry about it.

The fact that the rEFInd install script is complaining that it can't find an ESP may be another bug, or it could be that there's something wrong with your configuration -- for instance, you might not have set a correct ESP type code on the partition, or the filesystem on the ESP might be damaged. There's no way of knowing without your providing much more information, such as your partition table (as shown by gdisk or parted), a filesystem check on the ESP, etc.

Absent that information, my only suggestion is that you install rEFInd manually, as described in the rEFInd documentation.

#5 2014-07-04 16:41:58

TheAtomicGoose

I'm willing to provide that information if I knew what it was if you think that that would be simpler than installing rEFInd manually. I'm fairly new to Arch and have spent a long time trying to get it to boot, so whichever you think is more likely to get me to a point where I can boot into Arch I'll do.

#6 2014-09-02 17:57:27

Italomg

Hi i'm having the same problem here, I have a windows on my ESP and it's mounted on /boot. I'm not sure whether or not windows mess up the EFI, but I'll try to manually install it.

Board footer