You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-02 19:36:28

BabbyUser

No sound, and youtube videos fast forward[SOLVED]

Alright, I noticed this happened after I installed flash from the AUR(chromium-pepper-fash) and now sound won't work from my speakers, headphones are okay, but the speakers won't play anything. And when I go on youtube for videos they speed up as if they were being played with the fast forward feature. This hasn't been a problem before and I am shocked to see that it is now. I have removed flash from chromium and firefox, rebooted, and the issue has not gone away. I also did use alsamixer, and all my settings were fine.

Last edited by BabbyUser (2014-09-03 19:43:46)

#2 2014-09-02 19:53:16

ooo

Re: No sound, and youtube videos fast forward[SOLVED]

so everything is fine now? or are you looking for a fix for your issue with chromium-pepper-flash?
If you need help, you need to state the issue, or whatever you need help for clearly, and provide some related information of your system, in this case your audio setup.

also, I'm unsure whether you had this issue of no sound from speakers with flash content only, or did it happen with every application?

#3 2014-09-02 20:07:27

BabbyUser

ooo wrote:

so everything is fine now? or are you looking for a fix for your issue with chromium-pepper-flash?
If you need help, you need to state the issue, or whatever you need help for clearly, and provide some related information of your system, in this case your audio setup.

also, I'm unsure whether you had this issue of no sound from speakers with flash content only, or did it happen with every application?

No, It's not fixed haha, I need to fix the sound to come out of my speakers, and the videos on any site to stop being fast

#4 2014-09-02 20:26:27

emeres

Look if you have auto-mute enabled. Check amixer for the appropriate card. As for the too fast playing, that is probably a timing issue, ergo the sampling frequencies of the source and hardware do not match.

As ooo noted, you provided no information on your system whatsoever.

aplay -lL;
lspci -vnn | grep -A1 -i audio;
cat /proc/asound/modules;
for i in $(awk '{print $2 | "sort"}' /proc/asound/modules | uniq); do
 echo "--- $i ---"; systool -vm $i; 
done
lsmod | grep ^snd;
fuser -v /dev/snd/*;
for i in /proc/asound/card[0-9]*; do
 echo "--- $i ---";amixer -c $(cat $i/id); 
done;
lsusb #if there is a usb sound card;
# or use the alsa-info script

#5 2014-09-03 19:43:32

BabbyUser

Sorry for late response, haven't been on. The problem magically fixed itself somehow.

Board footer