You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-25 18:33:33

RevertTS

Atheros Wireless Setup

I had been using Ubuntu, but I didn't feel like I was learning that much about Linux since it tends to handle quite a bit for you.  This weekend I decided to try out Arch, and so far everything's gone fine.  I've got a base system up and such, and I feel that once I get my wireless card going, I can manage most everything else.

It's a DWL g520, Atheros chipset.

I've been trying to follow some of the wireless setup guides in the wiki, but it seems that my question is so basic that none of them answer it:  How do I go about getting Madwifi? 

Part of this probably stems from my lack of knowledge about Pacman.  I'm used to handling debs and such.  Should I download and compile the source code, or is there an easy way to package/install it with Pacman?

Also, in the guide for an installation from ftp/wireless, it mentioned setting up the socket drivers for the pcmcia and the drivers for the wireless card.  How do you determine the socket drivers?

Thanks for your time.

#2 2006-02-25 19:20:52

bpisciot

Re: Atheros Wireless Setup

There's a PKGBUILD for the madwifi drivers in the AUR.  I just compiled and installed the madwifi-ng drivers last night.  For information on using PKGBUILDs, see the Wiki entry for ABS:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS

"You're only young once, but you can always be immature."

Board footer