You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-11 20:04:21

gaber

[intel + nouveau (prime)] Display not refreshed

I have a  dell latitude E6430 with nvidia nvs 5200m. I'm using it with an external screen connected to DVI  port of a docking station. This port is directely connected to the disctrete card (nVidia), while the internal screen is connected to the IGP (Intel HD graphics). I  succeded to configure a dual-screen with Optimus enabled using PRIME techology of the nouveau driver (as described here ("using outputs on discrete GPU")).

I'm however having trouble with the external display : the scren seems to not be good refreshed. For example, when typing in a terminal, the cursor is not erased, so I see many white rectangles on the text I just typed. Also, when I change of tab in firefox, some parts of the old page remain displayed on top of the new page (until I move the mouse over).  The same thing produces when a window take the focus over an other: the new one is not completely (or not at all) displayed. All these abnormal displays disappear when the mouse pointer pass over it (or when I do a  PrintScreen).

I tested different desktop environments: gnome, xfce, openbox, the problem remains.

Thanks for your help !

Board footer