You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-26 12:55:22

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

pre-xorg7 font problems not fixed after update

Hello all,

After several trouble free years my fonts have gone down the shitter.  No idea how or when this issue started, I think it must have been after a recent freetype upgrade.

Here are two screenies which show the problem:

· before
· after
Notice how font spacing is screwed in term and gvim and how window title has gone to shit.

Here is my fonts/local.conf
and xorg.conf

Ideas and suggestions, please?

#2 2006-02-26 13:22:54

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: pre-xorg7 font problems not fixed after update

OK - I found this part about bitmap fonts on the wiki:

Something or someone disabled all my non-scalable (bitmap) fonts, I want them back

By default, fontconfig 2.3.2-4 and higher will disable the use of bitmap fonts. This setting is managed in /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-no-bitmaps.conf, or in higher versions, /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-bitmaps.conf. To enable bitmap fonts and keep them enabled after upgrades of fontconfig, place a symlink from yes-bitmaps.conf to 10-bitmaps.conf, overwriting the symlink to no-bitmaps.conf.

That's a recent change my update was on 19th Feb - that has fixed vim/gvim and terms, window title prob persists

#3 2006-02-26 14:37:50

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: pre-xorg7 font problems not fixed after update

Do you have a ~/.fonts.conf?  I was having weird font problems, and looked in xorg.conf and fonts/local.conf and couldn't, for the life of me, figure it out... but then I noticed somehow a sneaky ~/.fonts.conf managed to appear.. don't know how it got there, but I replaced it with a version I found here on the forums somewhere and all my fonts became nice and pretty.

I forget where I got it on the forums... but one of the comments calls it "cathetic LCD tweaks" and gives a URL: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions … id=1361098

Board footer