You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-06 17:10:51

moped

Blank screen with Intel HD2000 graphics

Hello, I'm trying to install Arch 2014-09 on a homebuilt PC from a couple years ago.

Relevant details:
Intel Core i3-2100T
Intel HD2000 graphics
Asrock H67M-ITX/HT
Old Samsung SyncMaster 930B monitor connected by DVI.  No

I already got through the UEFI "Failed to install override security policy" issue.  Now I can get to the Gummiboot menu and I have 3 options:

Arch Linux archiso x86_64 UEFI CD
UEFI Shell x86_64 v1
UEFI Shell x86_64 v2

Upon running Arch Linux archiso x86_64 UEFI CD, I get a blank screen.  Except it isn't fully blank.  I have thin (~5 pixel) grey bars at the top and bottom of the screen.  I have the same bars in Gummiboot, for what it's worth.

I've tried the following steps from the Beginners' guide:
nomodeset
video=SVIDEO-1:d
i915.modeset=0

I've also rustled up this forum post and tried the following:
modprobe.blacklist=i915
video=LVDS-1:d

All of these are to no avail.  Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 2014-09-09 17:23:31

grimpirate

Re: Blank screen with Intel HD2000 graphics

When you boot in can you issue any commands, such as reboot or sudo reboot in order to restart the system (so as to verify that Arch is actually loading)?

Can you connect a monitor to other video ports on your PC, such as a standard VGA port?

Last edited by grimpirate (2014-09-09 17:24:51)

#3 2014-09-10 13:45:03

moped

No luck on either suggestion:

With the monitor connected by DVI:

From the blank except for the thin grey horizontal bars screen I get no response to reboot, sudo reboot, or shutdown -r now.  I also tried hitting num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock, and I don't get any change in the state of the keyboard LEDs.  It would appear that things are wedged pretty tightly.

With the monitor connected by VGA:

I pugged the monitor in with a VGA cable, and observed the same effects with default kernel parameters and all of the ones listed in the first post.  I also tried the reboot suggestion and again, no luck.  The keyboard *lock keys don't affect the state of the keyboard LEDs when connected by VGA either.

For the sake of completeness, the steps I'm using to change the kernel parameters from gummiboot are:
1) Push the space bar to halt the gummi boot countdown
2) select the line you'd like to boot
3) Press "e" to edit the kernel parameters.
4) Edit the line using the arrow keys, home, end, etc.
5) Press enter when done to (attempt to) boot

I don't know how the boot process works or where gummiboot lives.  Is it possible that we're stuck getting out of loader.efi as a result of applying the hack described in this forum post?

#4 2014-09-14 12:17:30

Jeroen)Mathon

Have you tried chrooting in your installation from a live media.
Then installing xf86-video-intel?

Board footer