You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-13 18:44:50

tarasis

[Solved] Postfix no longer logging to journald

Hi

I have my Arch email server all working fine, and decided to install mailgraph which needed to have syslog-ng installed to be able to work.

I made the change to /etc/systemd/journald.conf to say ForwardToSyslog=YES and restarted systemd-journald, and that all worked.

But I decided to back it out, to have everything all in journald again. I uninstalled mailgraph and syslog-ng, I backed out the change to journald.conf, restarted both systemd-journald and postfix and discovered that postfix is no longer posting log entries anywhere.

How do I go about getting them back into journald? Or do I just need to install syslog-ng again.

Rob

Last edited by tarasis (2014-10-13 18:56:23)

#2 2014-10-13 18:53:47

tarasis

Re: [Solved] Postfix no longer logging to journald

And minutes after I post I figured it out. (After I spent a while trying before posting *sigh*)

I had to delete /dev/log which was no longer a symlink to /run/systemd/journal/dev-log, stop systemd-journald and systemd-journald-dev-log.socket and then start them up again. That recreated the symlink and postfix now logs to journald again.

-- Edit --

I guess I should edit the Wiki for Mailgraph to note that it currently doesn't work with journald and requires syslog.

Last edited by tarasis (2014-10-13 18:57:29)

Board footer