You are not logged in.

#26 2006-03-02 17:30:03

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Lost resolution for desktop(Solved with Vesa Driver.Not ATI)

Colnago;

Appreciate your suggestion and find it solves the resolution problem but not the fact that the system setup caused the wrong selection for my ati card or at least didn't recognize its limitations in the xorg system 7.

I also appreciate the efforts made by Gandalf and Cerebral to aid in troubleshooting.

In googling, I find that a listing of compatible ATI cards(agp and PCI) should probably be included in wiki information for xorg7 upgrades.  A blanket of ATI drivers accompanying the xorg 7 instructions it seems may not cover the bases.

As always, exceptions make the rule harder to describe. Wonder if it should have not occured under the present setup?

Happy camper again!

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#27 2006-03-02 17:30:07

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Appreciate your suggestion and find it solves the resolution problem but not the fact that the system setup caused the wrong selection for my ati card or at least didn't recognize its limitations in the xorg system 7.

I also appreciate the efforts made by Gandalf and Cerebral to aid in troubleshooting.

In googling, I find that a listing of compatible ATI cards(agp and PCI) should probably be included in wiki information for xorg7 upgrades.  A blanket of ATI drivers accompanying the xorg 7 instructions it seems may not cover the bases.

As always, exceptions make the rule harder to describe. Wonder if it should have not occured under the present setup?

Happy camper again!

When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#28 2006-03-02 17:30:17

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#29 2006-03-02 17:30:41

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#30 2006-03-02 17:30:50

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#31 2006-03-02 17:31:32

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#32 2006-03-02 17:31:31

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#33 2006-03-02 17:31:43

lilsirecho
Veteran

Colnago;

Happy camper again!

#34 2006-03-02 18:16:08

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Wow, flood much?  This is the first time I've seen a post 7 times in a row... hmm

#35 2006-03-02 18:21:31

lilsirecho
Veteran

The post did not indicate it had been accepted and no hour-glass ...confusing...sorry for the messy post! :oops:

#36 2006-03-02 20:26:04

Cerebral
Forum Fellow
Website

Heh, don't worry about it too much, I'm just giving you a hard time.  In the future, just click "submit" once and be patient. smile

#37 2006-03-02 21:16:57

lilsirecho
Veteran

Cerebral;

I had previously removed archck with pacman -Scc and pacman -R kernel26archck.

After clearing my vesa driver problem, I decided to try to load archck again.

I entered ..pacman -Su kernel26archck.

After the install finished, I ran /sbin/lilo -v and received error that ...vmlinuz26 was not installed.  That is the boot for the arch kernel.

I was able to recover kernel26 by  pacman -Suf kernel26, ran /sbin/lilo -v and received correct lilo checkout.

I have now both kernels running.

The problem I had with the resolution is that I followed the instructions in iphitus post which stated that ...ati-drivers-arch... and ati-drivers-archck...were both required when using archck.  So I entered them just before install of archck(Dumb me).    Thus, the original driver I had must have been vesa or a vesa compatible entry but the ati install I made provided the poor resolution and I was just roll  following orders,sir.

I am not complaining but am curious as to why I lost the boot params for arch when I installed archck.  Probably no one will ever know lol

If I need a spanking, so be it, Cerebral lol

Board footer