You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-16 14:52:56

vendion
Website

Getting nilfs_bmap_assign errors on Nilfs2 partition

Hello all,

For a while now I have been running NILFS2 as my file system for my home partition, yes I am aware it is still in early development and considered unstable/experimental.  Past couple of days I have been noticing that my home partition was getting remounted as read-only.  Searching my system logs I found what was causing the issue

[63102.496756] nilfs_direct_assign: invalid pointer: 0
[63102.496786] NILFS error (device dm-2): nilfs_bmap_assign: broken bmap (inode number=28)
[63102.496798]
[63102.524403] Remounting filesystem read-only

Searching for the error, the only thing I could find was discussion and a patch from Jun 4, 2013 regarding nilfs_set_page_dirty().  Seeing as how this patch is more than a year old now I am guessing it has already been applied upstream/the issue is fixed, which makes me think I have a corrupt filesystem.  Is my only chance to fix this to move the contents of my home partition to an external HDD and rebuild it, or is there something else I can try first.

Rebuilding the file system really doesn't bother me as I have a big enough external to back everything up to, it is just time consuming is all.

Thanks in advance.

Board footer