You are not logged in.

#51 2014-02-19 11:22:46

KingYes
Website

Re: How I get my Logitech T650 Touchpad work's in gnome-shell?

Wow.. You are gr8 ! smile
Thanks.

Web Developer.

#52 2014-04-10 04:19:10

benalexau

Just a confirmation that the Logitech T650 now works "out of the box" with Arch Linux. I just bought one and the only requirement was to use a Windows machine to update the firmware on the Logitech T650 to 041.001.00038 (get it here). The following works: two finger vertical scroll, two finger horizontal scroll, tap to click, two finger tap to right click, three finger scroll up for equivalent of pressing super key (eg Gnome 3 "Activities Overview"). I haven't tried anything else.

Last edited by benalexau (2014-04-10 05:03:07)

#53 2014-04-10 04:56:05

KingYes
Website

But the scroll not work perfect.. it's seen like buggy.. no smooth.

Web Developer.

#54 2014-05-01 12:15:38

snoxu

Hello fellow archers I'm entertaining the idea of getting a touchpad for Linux (options Logitech T650, Apple Magic TrackPad, or the Perixx 702).

I'm just concerned if anybody has managed managed to get the more nifty or Windows 8 equivalent gestures working. Like swipe from right/left (activates charm bar/task switcher in W8), multiple finger drag, etc.

Also does the T650 work with touchegg?

Thanks in advance

#55 2014-05-09 22:51:03

Aldoo

Hi.
I wanted to thank Lekensteyn for all the nice work and to report a half-success with T620 touch mouse.

Compiling the kernel modules and installing them worked (Linux 3.13 under Ubuntu... yes sorry!).
Now the mouse is recognized as a touchpad (which is both good and bad, see below), which makes it one of the cheapest touchpads of the market, considering current promos!
Touchegg even recognizes 3 and 4 fingers gestures (I had no idea that this device had a 4 finger capability! geisview even reports 16 touches!).

What does not work:
- the T620 should, before all, be a mouse... but it lost all its "mouseness" (moving the mouse doesn't do anything anymore, nor does physically clicking)
- touchegg one and two-finger gestures do not work (as I understand it, they are grabbed by xinput/synaptics, and something might be done about it... no success so far)

What I would like to do: continue using the T620 primarily as a mouse, while still allowing a custom few 1 (2-directional mousewheel), 2 (back/forward, pinch-zoom, rotate) and 3 fingers (minimize/maximize/alt-tab...) gestures (more fingers is just unpractical on such a small device). Any idea how to do this ?

Last edited by Aldoo (2014-05-09 22:54:02)

#56 2014-05-10 01:41:51

Condomitti

Thanks to the top from benalexau I have it working now smile.

Great!

For you guys who updated the firmware: have you figures out how to invert the scroll (to have natural scrolling behaviour)?
I tried by xinput list-props but there's no "scrolling distance" option to invert the signals in order to have nat. scroll working.

Thanks a lot!

#57 2014-05-13 22:39:50

Aldoo

Sorry for coming back to this thread but I wanted to add a few questions:
- does anybody know whether the T620's mouse movements are supposed to be recognized by hid-logitech-wtp? (I mean, not just moving the cursor with single finger touch gestures, like a touchpad)
- I found that there is also a hid-logitech-tm (as "touch mouse") driver by Andrew de los Reyes (chrome OS dev). It looks like it was originally forked from hid-logitech-wtp, but now stalled. I wonder if that ever worked and whether its functionalities were later on added to hid-logitech-wtp ? (at the time of the fork, hid-logitech-wtp's source code did not mention any of the touch mouses yet, as opposed to current version).
- has anybody here met more success than I with their logitech touch mouse? (i.e. recognized primarily as a mouse + enhanced gesture recognition)

Also, I would be thankful if somebody would give me some links to documentation about the various layers of software and how they are related: kernel module, synaptics (and evdev?), xinput, geis, ginn, ... . In particular, do the gesture recognition layers need the device to be configured as a synaptics device in xorg? (although they seem to conflict with each other to some extent, in particular for one and two fingers gestures). In my case, maybe I would use hid-logitech-wtp while preventing xorg from loading synaptics (maybe forcing evdev instead), if that would help recognizing one-finger gestures and removing the "touchpadness". Would ginn still work, for instance?

Last edited by Aldoo (2014-05-13 22:40:16)

#58 2014-05-16 12:57:20

snoxu

Don't mean to hijack the thread but can anyone confirm a dead zone around the borders of the T650.  It's mentioned on the Logitech forums, so I'm just wondering if any Linux user can confirm if  this is indeed a built in feature of the touchpad:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and- … 6?nobounce

Thanks in advance

#59 2014-06-19 16:53:36

Lekensteyn
Website

Hey, I was not paying attention to this thread.

Swiping from left / right / top triggers an event that can be caught and remapped. I noticed that the default action for swiping from some position (top iirc?) caused KDE to detect a Disable Touchpad trigger... that can be solved by disabling the touchpad agent at System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Service Manager -> disable "KDE TouchPad Enabler Daemon".

I cannot test stuff out as I currently have a non-functioning T650 device for which I need to complete the firmware update. I'll continue testing in the holidays in a few weeks.

Aldoo wrote:

[..] T620 Mouse [..] Also, I would be thankful if somebody would give me some links to documentation about the various layers of software and how they are related: kernel module, synaptics (and evdev?), xinput, geis, ginn, ... . In particular, do the gesture recognition layers need the device to be configured as a synaptics device in xorg? (although they seem to conflict with each other to some extent, in particular for one and two fingers gestures). In my case, maybe I would use hid-logitech-wtp while preventing xorg from loading synaptics (maybe forcing evdev instead), if that would help recognizing one-finger gestures and removing the "touchpadness". Would ginn still work, for instance?

The kernel provides an API that abstracts hardware details. For instance, your USB receiver can be connected to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, but both require a different host controller driver. Next to USB, there is a HID protocol layer which (in simplified terms) carries commands and events such as button presses and mouse motions. The Logitech Unifying receiver is special in that it exposes up to six devices over the same USB device. Without any special driver for it, all paired devices will be treated as a single keyboard or a single mouse. The current hid-logitech-dj driver implements the multiplexing that sends a command such that a secondary interface gets enabled that allows for distinguishing the different devices. The HID++ protocol used by these devices allows for further customization, such as keyboard backlight settings, DPI, etc.

The (stalled?) hid-logitech-wtp driver uses the HID++ protocol to disable the motion/gesture detection functionality of the touchpad and places all responsibility on the driver. The kernel catches this raw input and forms events that are to be interpreted by userspace (the xf86-input- modules). Normally (if the device itself handles gesture detection), these events are rather simple and would generate a keyboard event for example. If everything gets offloaded to the kernel, then new, custom gestures can be added, but it also increases complexity.

xinput is a tool that modifies properties in the current session, allowing you to tweak properties of individual devices. See the manpages of xinput, evdev and synaptics for property descriptions.

As for gesture recognition, it could be implemented in multiple layers. Last time I checked, xf86-input-mtrack tracked some gestures, but it did not work very well. I haven't looked at the specifics of your T620 mouse, but if hid-logitech-wtp enables raw mode and reports touch events on top of the mouse, then it (the kernel or the xorg module) needs to modified to ignore motion. Perhaps the module manpages can be of some help?

@snoxu Personally I have never noticed "dead zones" around the borders, besides the detected gestures when entering the touchpad from the center top or sides.

#60 2014-10-17 04:51:01

KingYes
Website

In GNOME 3.14 have this: https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-not … es.html.en

But it's not work with our T650. What we can to do this work for me?

Web Developer.

Board footer