You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-18 09:47:18

harch

is it ok archbang?

hello all,
i notice negative attitude with archlinux derivate.
i just install archbang and it use only normal archlinux repo, is it archlinux? will i have some help from forums here?

thanks.

#2 2014-10-18 09:48:12

ugjka
Website

Re: is it ok archbang?

No.

https://ugjka.net
paru > yay | webcord > discord
pacman -S spotify-launcher
mount /dev/disk/by-...

#3 2014-10-18 10:16:17

bleach

When requesting help there is an understanding of the inner workings of the system. With derivatives there can be all kinds of differences. Even if a derivative is practically the same it is good practice not to get started down that road. Plus most distros and derivatives have there own forums. This is arch not archbang the derivative are not associated with arch. With open source any one can branch.

#4 2014-10-18 11:50:43

runical

Please see the forum rules. Only Arch is supported because supporting derivatives generates confusion as there are small differences in the configuration which the people supporting (and asking for help) don't know about.

Last edited by runical (2014-10-18 11:50:57)

#5 2014-10-18 12:57:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

harch wrote:

i notice negative attitude with archlinux derivate.

That is unfortunate.  Disrespecting other distros is against forum policies - though well founded criticisms are certainly allowed.  Personally I think archbang is great.  But ...

harch wrote:

... is it archlinux? will i have some help from forums here?

... it is not archlinux as already highlighted above.  There are many steps the archbang installation does for you - a lot of configuration done behind the scenes.  We are simple not equipped to know what these steps are - and neither are you.  It is actually quite common that these differences completely impede our ability to help archbang users: when they have posted claiming they were arch users, many forum members put in a lot of effort to help, only to realize the whole problem boils down to the different settings that we were unaware of.

You can certainly read our forums and wiki to find useful information.  But if you need to post to a forum for help, archbang has their own forums with their own community.  You should post there if help is needed.  Archbang threads are quickly closed and removed from our forums - not because we have anything against archbang, but simply because this is the wrong place for those posts.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer