You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-02 20:47:06

Sander

Celestia and Stellarium

They both seem to conflict with mesa, according to pacman, so I decided to make the packages myself. In the PKGBUILDs, however, I noticed that they both DEPEND on mesa. Right. This problem seems to already have been mentioned though, and as far as I can tell a bug report was filed.

I managed to makepkg Celestia, but Stellarium says it requires libgl-dri, which in turn conflicts with the nvidia drivers that I have installed. Is there anything I can do about this? Stellarium looks particularly nifty...

Thanks in advance smile

By the way, I hope I'm not breaking too many forum rules with this post... I'm new here smile

UPDATE:
I just removed the "libgl-dri" entry from the dependencies array in the PKGBUILD, and the thing still compiled... so I'm wondering why it's being listed as a dep. The "nvidia" driver packages provides all necessary files doesn't it?

You like cheese? You like peas? You'll love cheezy peas!

#2 2006-03-02 21:17:20

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Celestia and Stellarium

libgl-dri is needed for users who doesn't use the ndidia or ati drivers but the native xorg drivers.  All these packages provides the gl-dri libraries. That's why your fix (removing libgl-dri dependency) worked. A bug report has been sent, so the nvidia (and ati?) packages will be fixed eventually.

BTW, the conflict with mesa has been fixed. Probably your mirror hasn't synced yet.

#3 2006-03-02 22:10:26

Sander

I see. Thanks for your quick reply smile

You like cheese? You like peas? You'll love cheezy peas!

#4 2006-03-03 12:31:11

lumiwa

Snowman wrote:

libgl-dri is needed for users who doesn't use the ndidia or ati drivers but the native xorg drivers.  All these packages provides the gl-dri libraries. That's why your fix (removing libgl-dri dependency) worked. A bug report has been sent, so the nvidia (and ati?) packages will be fixed eventually.

BTW, the conflict with mesa has been fixed. Probably your mirror hasn't synced yet.

Last version of Stellarium want to remove ATI drivers and install libgl-dri...

#5 2006-03-03 22:07:49

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

lumiwa wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Are you talking about  stellarium 0.7.1-3 ?
That version depends on libgl instead of libgl-dri. That solves the nvidia problem. Maybe it does the same with ati...

#6 2006-03-04 01:35:04

lumiwa

Snowman wrote:
lumiwa wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Are you talking about  stellarium 0.7.1-3 ?
That version depends on libgl instead of libgl-dri. That solves the nvidia problem. Maybe it does the same with ati...

No, I did talked about version 0.7.1-2 which ''want'' to upgrade my Stellarium still...

#7 2006-03-04 03:48:45

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Give time to your mirror to sync and try  stellarium 0.7.1-3

Board footer