You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-31 08:24:32

Michael C.

Keyboard randomly stops working on Lenovo T430 after booting

Hi folks,

I've just re-installed Arch on my T430, and the keyboard randomly stops working after booting up. The last time I had Arch installed on this machine (probably about a year ago), I didn't have this problem. Rebooting enough times fixes it, but it's really annoying.

There were a couple of abnormalities with the install (the keyboard thing, as well as squashfs errors when executing certain commands). I am also using syslinux for the first time (I had always used GRUB before).

Unfortunately, because I can't type anything, I can't really get any information out of the system when this happens. I know the system isn't just locking up because the cursor still blinks.

I should also probably add that I am booting into text mode and starting X manually, so I don't think it's a driver problem.

I'm scratching my head on this one. Any ideas?

#2 2014-11-13 05:09:53

integer
Website

Re: Keyboard randomly stops working on Lenovo T430 after booting

I cannot offer any ideas regarding the actual issue, however, you say that you cannot type anything when the problem occurs: have you tried plugging in a USB keyboard?

#3 2014-11-13 05:20:33

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Can you please clarify your issue. The computer locks up during boot? Or once you are in X? You can't retrieve logs because...?

Not an Installation issue, moving to NC.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2014-11-13 06:43:50

jazzi

Michael, I recommend you http://wiki.Archbang.org which is derived from Archlinux.

2 years past, everything is nice to me, it can help you get rid of the installation pain.

#5 2014-11-13 06:51:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

jazzi wrote:

Michael, I recommend you http://wiki.Archbang.org which is derived from Archlinux.

2 years past, everything is nice to me, it can help you get rid of the installation pain.

Don't do that. Archbang isn't Arch and it doesn't "get rid of installation pain," it just turns it into long term confusion and dependence...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer