You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-25 15:57:04

entodoays

Custom Keyboard Layout Creation

I have a French (Azerty) keyboard but am typing English and Maltese besides French.

The standard Maltese keyboard layout files for X11 are based on the UK or US keyboard.

I want to create one based of the French keyboard. Well, I already have, sort of. I modified the standard fr keyboard layout file. This file contains many variants, so I added the special Maltese characters to one of these (French alternative latin-9). Thus I can use the custom Maltese layout but selecting this French variant.

But, since I'm using the standard French keyboard as well, they end up showing in the keyboard selector as fr1 and fr2. I tried copying the fr2 layout to one of the Maltese variants but it didn't really work because the French layout I'm using has an

include "fr(oss)"

and

include "keypad(oss_latin9)"

and in turn the fr(oss) layout has three include lines

include "level3(ralt_switch)"
 include "nbsp(level4nl)"
 include "keypad(oss)" 

How do I go about copying the custom fr(oss_latin9) keyboard layout to the mt layout?

Last edited by entodoays (2014-10-25 15:57:24)

#2 2014-11-17 10:52:55

entodoays

Re: Custom Keyboard Layout Creation

I "solved" the problem but copying the key definition lines from the French keyboard manually to the mt layout file. Now I have an mt file with a special layout. Would have been ideal to add a keyboard layout in the mt file but I don't have the time to figure out how it's done.

Board footer