You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-23 14:41:13

postlogic
Website

[info] wincfg crashing

Just to inform you (took me ages to find this)..

If your winecfg crashes when you click on the Audio tab, this is due to Arts not being installed. To fix this, rename /usr/share/wine/winearts.dll.so to something else.

I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this, and it's nice to find this workaround so you don't have to install additional packages..

cheers.

#2 2006-03-07 22:20:51

elcalen
Website

Re: [info] wincfg crashing

Hrm... I have Arts installed, but winecfg still crashes when I click the audio tab, with the following message:

Creating link /home/ben/.kde/socket-elcalen.
can't create mcop directory

Also, I can't locate a file called winearts.dll.so.

#3 2006-03-07 22:25:49

raskolnikov

I was having this problem too. A workaround that worked for me is to launch a KDE app (to load all the framework), and winecfg can then initialize correctly.

I removed after that all KDE stuff (including akode and arts) and blacklisted qt, and winecfg works perfectly : it just doesn't show me the arts checkbox.

Excessive showering, grooming, and toothbrushing is not only vain, it wastes valuable coding time.

#4 2006-03-07 22:56:57

whargoul

It works fine here, but I get this output from winecfg when pressing the audio tab

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winearts.drv": libartsc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:jack:JACK_drvLoad error loading the jack library libjack.so.0, please install this library to use jack

Arch - It's something refreshing

#5 2006-03-08 11:02:53

postlogic
Website

whargoul wrote:

It works fine here, but I get this output from winecfg when pressing the audio tab

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winearts.drv": libartsc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
fixme:jack:JACK_drvLoad error loading the jack library libjack.so.0, please install this library to use jack

Well, if you don't have Arts or Jack-audio-connection-kit installed/loaded, then it's no wonder. Just disregard them if it works fine ;-)

#6 2006-03-08 20:00:49

whargoul

postlogic wrote:
whargoul wrote:

Well, if you don't have Arts or Jack-audio-connection-kit installed/loaded, then it's no wonder. Just disregard them if it works fine ;-)

Oh yeah, I didn't really see that it typed "winearts.drv".

Arch - It's something refreshing

#7 2006-07-30 19:58:45

acetylcholine
Website

For me this was related to the arts library used in wine and not having a seq device setup in /dev. Removing /usr/lib/wine/winearts.drv.so and adding snd-seq to /etc/modules fixed it for me. It may or not be the arts driver in your case, try removing some of the other sound libraries if removing arts does not work. Removing the arts lib probably isn't the most elegant sollution though. Hope this helps.

(off the ubuntu forums)
So this:
# modprobe snd-seq
# cp /usr/lib/wine/winearts.drv.so /home/perun/spajz/bkup/-usr-lib-wine-winearts.drv.so
# rm winearts.drv.so

fixed it for me

#8 2006-07-30 20:16:51

postlogic
Website

The reason for this not working, is that (even though it's optional) wine is compiled against arts as well. It can easily be overcome by simply editing the PKGBUILD to not include arts.

Board footer