You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-09 00:08:38

Ethilien
Website

CUPS Question

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my printer set up using cups. I've downloaded the proper ppd file for it, and put it in /usr/share/cups/model, and I got the printer set up using that ppd, but in the Gnome Printer Manager, it says the driver its using is "Standard (Suggested)".

When I try to print, my printer tells me to load A4 paper into the tray, but I already have A4 paper in it. When I tried setting up this printer on Ubuntu, the same thing happened when I accedentally used the wrong ppd file. The printer is a HP Laserjet 2300, and it is fully postscript compatible, but I'm not sure I'm actually using postscript with it.

I have ghostscript installed, but how would I tell if I'm using it or not?

Also, how exactly can I install foomatic? I sometimes need to use other printers and I'd like to have all the drivers available, but I can't figure out how to get it working...

Any help is greatly appreciated big_smile

-Connor McKay

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

#2 2006-03-10 19:26:14

Ethilien
Website

Re: CUPS Question

I think the problem is related to ghostscript, because I just removed it, and I'm still able to print as before, which leads me to believe it wasn't being used previously.

Could someone please instruct me as how to get ghostscript working? I'll update the wiki if you do wink

-Connor McKay

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

Board footer