You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-10 21:29:11

Gullible Jones

Cursor goes nuts, flies all over the place

This has been going on for a while now, since Xorg 6.8... Every once in a while, my cursor just takes on a life of its own, flying all over the screen and clicking (right, left, and middle) on everything until I hit the Escape key a couple of times. The effect is almost exactly as if I were using the "mouse" driver with the wrong protocol, albeit temporary... But I'm using the right one (ImPS/2), and this happens with both the ordinary "mouse" driver and evdev. It also happens only with my A4Tech trackball, not with any other trackball or mouse I've tried.

Also, the cursor occasionally ceases to respond to any movements of the trackball. AFAICT, this can only be fixed only by unplugging the trackball from the PS/2 port and plugging it back in, with the machine of course being powered down during that procedure to prevent possible damage. I've tried restarting X and simply rebooting, but they don't fix this latter problem - the PS/2 connector *has* to be pulled out and stuck back in, no idea why. Again, this happens only with the A4Tech trackball, not with anything else.

#2 2006-03-11 13:48:37

clarence

Re: Cursor goes nuts, flies all over the place

Maybe you need to burn-in your track mouse

fck art, lets dance.

#3 2006-03-11 17:16:07

Gullible Jones

What, test it under high temperatures and voltages to see if it fails? lol I'm not sure that would be so bright...

#4 2006-03-12 15:44:40

clarence

Seriously though, it may just be your mouse. I had a mouse go nuts on me recently so I tried it on a friends operating system, (you may have heard of it, it's called Windows....or something like that) and it did the same go nuts thing, only more often.

fck art, lets dance.

Board footer