You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-07 14:32:07

dummyc

vidtune

Hello.
I installed arch almost without  any problems. Than I   installed xorg. I have nvidia fx5200 video card. I used hwd -x command and I was surprised that I was running on vesa not  nv driver. I'm Debian user and I don't mind nv driver(I don't play games)  but since I couldn't  get  nv to run(xorgconfig if I chose nvidia card server was crashing because couldn't find nv driver) I decided to instal nvidia drivers - that went without the problem . Than nvidia-xconfig and I could boot to X. But  my screen is to much to the right . In Debian I could get the string from vitune put  in to xorg.conf and screen would move to the left. Any way totune this up in Arch? I can do this with monitor controls but than at  boot time my console is half way hidden. Thanks for help.
Andrey

#2 2006-03-09 15:08:52

jaboua

Re: vidtune

You can use 'xvidune', I'm not sure which xorg7 package it is in though...

#3 2006-03-11 04:42:24

dummyc

Re: vidtune

Thanks for help. xvidtune worked. My Xserver works now no problem. I did
hwd -x and than tried nvidia-xconfig or Xorg -configure and than nvidia-xconfig and I was getting always to small fonts in my Fluxbox. Than I deleted all xorg.conf and tried nvidia-xconfig in this case nvidia-xconfig used XF86Config as a base and bingo my fonts were just perfect size than I added line from xvidtune and Fluxbox looks like it suppose to look. Thanks again

Board footer