You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-10 17:10:13

tritron4

Why there is no sogo-active-sync package

I wonder why there is no sogo active-sync package ?
I was able to compile one by modding sogo-openchange.
It depends on libwbxml  aur so i added it as dependency and changed folder name from OpenChange to ActiveSync so now i can synchronize my emails using iphone and android devices.

#2 2014-12-10 17:41:45

karol
Archivist

Re: Why there is no sogo-active-sync package

If the license allows it, you can upload it to the AUR.

#3 2014-12-10 17:53:28

drcouzelis
Website

karol wrote:

If the license allows it, you can upload it to the AUR.

As an aside, what would be an example of a situation that wouldn't allow someone to upload a PKGBUILD file to the AUR? I can't think of any. hmm Is there a situation where a developer says "if you download this yourself then it's ok, but you're not allowed to use a script to download it"?

(All this is assuming the download is coming from the official website for the software and not someplace illegal.) tongue

#4 2014-12-10 17:55:42

karol
Archivist

I was only quoting https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AU … the_AUR.3F

Edit: it's OK to provide a PKGBUILD where the user provides the files.

Last edited by karol (2014-12-10 17:56:58)

#5 2014-12-10 18:02:17

helix

PKGBUILDs can also ask for data of a legally owned commercial application or game, so that there is no need for downloading, for example World of Goo in AUR.

#6 2014-12-11 18:09:09

tritron4

Since there is group of people that are creating package for openchange sogo programs it would be easy to for them to create package. I can  upload my couple changes and create new package, but I think it is easier for people who create original packages and great wiki page.

#7 2014-12-15 04:12:30

DJ_L

Hi, I was working on the Samba/Openchange/Sogo wiki article. I basically gave up on OCSManager about a year back, but if you have AS working (or with OCSM), it would be amazing to get it into the package and wiki article. Feel free to edit/submit or just suggest changes as you see fit. Not sure how to have multiple people submit changes for a package. If you don't want to do it yourself, just a quick write-up would be really really helpful. I'd be happy to get it working locally and get it in the openchange-server package.

#8 2014-12-15 17:45:07

tritron4

Well what are you running now ? I installed all the packaged then created rpc proxy and other proxy following readme files. I followed the wiki and all it was missing was activesync not compiled so all i had to create new package was to make couple changes and active sync works just fine on iphone 5s/6  and lg g3. I am trying to get outlook 2013 to connect but i get an error no folders can be opened I guess could an issue with dovecot configuration.

depends=('sogo=2.2.11' 'openchange' 'libwbxml')

package() {
  cd "${srcdir}/sogo/ActiveSync"
  sed 's@-Werror@-fobjc-exceptions@' -i GNUmakefile
  make PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2 install DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" GNU_SYSTEM_ADMIN_TOOLS="/usr/bin"

}

#9 2014-12-15 19:04:02

tritron4

I noticed that sogo-openchange needs to install libs into /usr/lib/sogo i get tons of library not found errors.
I see that ocsmanager has SystemError: error in mapistore_init

#10 2014-12-16 01:01:45

tritron4

For some reason libSOGo.so.2 in /usr/lib/ is not linked back to its ../GNUstep/Frameworks/SOGo.framework/Versions/Current/sogo/libSOGo.so.2 as ../GNUstep is in /usr/lib/ not /usr
how we can fix sogo package ?

#11 2014-12-16 02:00:34

DJ_L

Seems you must have something old laying around your filesystem:

[root@Server1 sogo-activesync]# ls -li /usr/lib/sogo/libSOGo.so.2.2.11a
3020980 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 77 Dec 14 13:26 /usr/lib/sogo/libSOGo.so.2.2.11a -> ../GNUstep/Frameworks/SOGo.framework/Versions/Current/sogo/libSOGo.so.2.2.11a
[root@Server1 sogo-activesync]# ls -li /usr/lib/libSOGo.so.2
ls: cannot access /usr/lib/libSOGo.so.2: No such file or directory

#12 2014-12-17 02:38:52

DJ_L

Sorry, meant to send this response last night, it expired and had to rewrite it.

Well, I'm slightly red faced! I had forgotten that AS code was provided by SOGo, not OC. Thanks for the cluebat. smile As to OCSM, I'll dig into it a bit later this week.

Now I have a question about putting it into the wiki. Building the software is one thing, but using it seems to require a license from Microsoft (it really is unclear whether that applies to individuals or companies). After reviewing https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/No … Guidelines , I think it is fine to package it, as the software itself is free and uses a very free (unnamed) license - basically, do whatever you want with it, don't use Inverse's name to promote it, and include the license with both source and dispaly it with binary installer). One can display in a pre-install script if necessary. Developers are covered here (I actually think that Arch's responsibility ends here):
http://www.microsoft.com/openspecificat … fault.aspx

There is nothing useful for individual users there. I just don't want to inadvertantly condone using protected IP without proper licensing on the wiki (or break any other rules that I'm currently unfamiliar with). Here is where SOGo points you:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/In … tocol.aspx
That is basically geared at organizations, lists a bunch of companies that have purchased licenses, and tells you to contact Microsoft at the email address located there. Again, nothing really useful for end users beyond the email address to submit an inquiry (I've already done so for my own intended use, but legal for my own use as a developer if I'm listed as a maintainer or contibutor for the package smile ).

Thoughts?

Last edited by DJ_L (2014-12-17 02:39:50)

#13 2014-12-17 04:59:07

tritron4

Well it seems that few companies are paying for it . I see price of 10$ per user but how will microsoft find out you are using it plus it seems that device makers are paying licensing fees.
I read this":In December 2008 Microsoft shifted its licensing of Exchange ActiveSync from that of a protocol license, to licensing the patents of Exchange ActiveSync[11] and providing full protocol documentation.[12] it seems that end user maybe off the hook.
I am sure that if you deploy sogo/open change for 100 users fee should be paid but small deployment is bit of gray area.
How ocsmanager can be complied agains libraries in /usr/lib/sogo?

#14 2014-12-17 06:56:43

DJ_L

Okay, so I'm a little slow. After proceeding with existing instructions (minus the broken oscmanager-apache.conf /s/-apache// and installing python2-{rpclib,spyne,pytz}), autodiscover returns presumably valid data, and no more crash of ocsmanager (which is why I gave up in the first place). Now, the free/busy checks fail miserably with a whole lot of nothing to debug except pylons complaints. I am completely lost as to where you are seeing the bad reference to libSOGo.so.2, but I am clearly missing your meaning. When/where are you seeing that error?

Board footer