You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-18 09:49:25

klenamenis

Cinnamon - Wallpaper broken after resume from suspend

Hello,

since I switched from Xfce to Cinnamon my wallpaper distorts after resuming from suspend to RAM, no matter which wallpaper on which partition is used. There is no special setup like disk encryption or so, only three partitions for /, /boot and /home.

The whole wallpaper looks like this: s.jpg

Does anyone have a clue what causes this?

#2 2014-12-20 13:53:05

JohnKapri

Re: Cinnamon - Wallpaper broken after resume from suspend

I have the same problem. You are using a Nvidia card, I guess? A temporary fix is to hit Alt+F2 and type 'r' if you are really annoyed by this. I just set my background to a solid color. There are bugreports already see here and here. It seems that some people using nouveau drivers are also affected, others are not. You may try them as a fix.
Nvidia says: "Our current software architecture doesn't preserve the contents of FBOs across
modeswitches or power events. As a result, our implementation relies on
applications re-rendering to their FBOs every frame. This is a fundamental
limitation of our design that will be fixed in the future."
So we'll just have to wait.

John

EDIT: Btw. there is a post concerning the same issue on the first page of Applications & Desktop Envs: Gnome 3.14 Nvidia Wallpaper Artifacts it's about GNOME 3 but afaik Cinnamon is a fork of Gnome. At least it's based on GTK+ as well.

Last edited by JohnKapri (2014-12-20 14:00:49)

#3 2014-12-20 22:48:32

klenamenis

Re: Cinnamon - Wallpaper broken after resume from suspend

Ah, good to know, thanks. But I'm actually using AMD graphics with propietary catalyst.

Board footer