You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-22 22:27:42

Lala0KjOA
Website

Awesome WM + dock ?

Hi,

I'm having trouble using a dock/panel with awesome WM. I can't maximize/minimize/restore windows by clicking on the dock. What should I check ?

Also, the panel is decorated like any other window.

I tried AWN, but dockbarx, plank, tint2 didn't work either.

Thanks for your help!

#2 2014-12-23 02:01:37

ANOKNUSA

Re: Awesome WM + dock ?

At a guess, I'd say those docks depend on a certain level of EWMH compliance. I've yet to see a tiling window manager that's more than a little EWMH-compliant. But "minimizing" isn't really a concept that makes sense in tilers anyway, even though Awesome mimics it with its taskbar.

#3 2014-12-23 17:50:23

Lala0KjOA
Website

Thanks for your answer!

I've had the impression that these docks work (more or less?) with other people's installations while searching for my problem.

I tried xfce4-panel, which couldn't control windows either. But the wiki on "Awesome and Xfce4" doesn't mention my issue: http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Awesom … th_awesome

#4 2014-12-25 00:28:30

SteveDeFacto

Lala0KjOA wrote:

Thanks for your answer!

I've had the impression that these docks work (more or less?) with other people's installations while searching for my problem.

I tried xfce4-panel, which couldn't control windows either. But the wiki on "Awesome and Xfce4" doesn't mention my issue: http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Awesom … th_awesome

The wiki page you linked appears to be talking about replacing or disabling xfce panels to prevent them from interfering. It is possilbe I suppose to make awesome wm work with foreign docks and window managers but you would have to script those interaction manually. It would likely be easier to just recreate the features you want using awful.

Board footer