You are not logged in.

#26 2006-01-25 14:45:25

_Gandalf_

Re: Ekiga - the former GnomeMeeting

it didn't work for me, i tried ekiga full version, making it failed while pwlib and opal are already compiled and installed, check the output -> http://pastebin.com/522325

#27 2006-01-25 15:00:15

tomk
Forum Fellow

Thanks for reminding me - there's a known bug in the dbus area, which I should have mentioned above, so you need to remove --enable-dbus.

Sorry for any inconvenience - if you don't want the bother of recompiling it, I can put the finished binaries online for you.

#28 2006-01-25 15:30:04

_Gandalf_

I will compile it myself for u also to be sure that it works so i dont mind compiling it, thank u smile

#29 2006-01-25 15:42:53

_Gandalf_

ok it failed again, actually since i'm running makepkg with fakeroot (default) makepkg cannot change /opt/gnome/gconf folder and i think that is what makes it failed

one of the errors:

WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/ekiga/general/call_options/incoming_call_mode' locale `hi': Unable to store a value at key '/schemas/apps/ekiga/general/call_options/incoming_call_mode', as the configuration server has no writable databases. There are some common causes of this problem: 1) your configuration path file /opt/gnome/etc/gconf/2/path doesn't contain any databases or wasn't found 2) somehow we mistakenly created two gconfd processes 3) your operating system is misconfigured so NFS file locking doesn't work in your home directory or 4) your NFS client machine crashed and didn't properly notify the server on reboot that file locks should be dropped. If you have two gconfd processes (or had two at the time the second was launched), logging out, killing all copies of gconfd, and logging back in may help. If you have stale locks, remove ~/.gconf*/*lock. Perhaps the problem is that you attempted to use GConf from two machines at once, and ORBit still has its default configuration that prevents remote CORBA connections - put "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in /etc/orbitrc. As always, check the user.* syslog for details on problems gconfd encountered. There can only be one gconfd per home directory, and it must own a lockfile in ~/.gconfd and also lockfiles in individual storage locations such as ~/.gconf

plus i guess that wat make my gnome-power-manager  failt to load too, i had same output

#30 2006-01-25 15:50:28

tomk
Forum Fellow

Yeah, just found that one myself. The fix is to use --disable-schemas-install in the PKGBUILD, and use the following ekiga.install script to handles the schemas instead:

ekiga.install

pkgname=ekiga

post_install() {
  schemas=(`pacman -Ql $pkgname | grep 'gconf/schemas/.*schemas$' | awk '{ print $2 }'`)
  scrolls=(`pacman -Ql $pkgname | grep 'share/omf/.*.omf$' | awk '{ print $2 }'`)

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
  for schema in "${schemas[@]}" ; do
    opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule "$schema" >/dev/null 2>&1
  done

for scroll in "${scrolls[@]}" ; do
    scrollkeeper-install -q -p var/lib/scrollkeeper "$scroll"
  done

kill -s HUP `pidof /opt/gnome/bin/gconfd-2` >/dev/null 2>&1
  update-desktop-database -q
}

pre_upgrade() {
  pre_remove $1
}

post_upgrade() {
  post_install $1
}

pre_remove() {
  schemas=(`pacman -Ql $pkgname | grep 'gconf/schemas/.*schemas$' | awk '{ print $2 }'`)
  scrolls=(`pacman -Ql $pkgname | grep 'share/omf/.*.omf$' | awk '{ print $2 }'`)

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
  for schema in "${schemas[@]}" ; do
    opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule "$schema" >/dev/null 2>&1
  done

for scroll in "${scrolls[@]}" ; do
    scrollkeeper-uninstall -q -p var/lib/scrollkeeper "$scroll"
  done

kill -s HUP `pidof /opt/gnome/bin/gconfd-2` >/dev/null 2>&1
}

post_remove() {
  update-desktop-database -q
}

op=$1
shift

$op $*

Something along those lines should work for the power manager, too.

#31 2006-01-25 16:01:20

_Gandalf_

Thanks it did work this way, I am going to adapt gnome manager his way, thx for the tip smile

#32 2006-01-25 23:43:30

tomk
Forum Fellow

Everything is now in the AUR, with substantial changes from the PKGBUILDs posted earlier.  Please use the AUR version from now on.

#33 2006-03-13 23:24:23

AndyRTR
Developer

Ekiga 2.0 has become a stable release smile

Any plans to remove gnomemeeting from extra and replacing it with ekiga? I vote for this great app!

AndyRTR

#34 2006-03-13 23:51:09

tomk
Forum Fellow

Well, gnomemeeting has already been flagged, so it should be only a matter of time. In the meantime, I'll plug the new release tarballs into the AUR PKGBUILDs, for those who are impatient - like me!

Board footer